Side dishes for 3rd birthday party

I am having a guest list of about 35 (about 10 being children). Anyway, at this point, we have enough chicken, hot dogs and burgers for everyone. I am also having black bean, corn, tomato salad (it has many other wonderful fresh ingredients), pink potato salad, baked macaroni n cheese, cole slaw and a veggie/cheese tray. Do you think I should serve something else? We are having a princess party! I can't wait, my daughter even has a beautiful dress that looks like a real princess dress and I got her a crown and earring/necklace set that she will wear. The party will start off with everyone swimming and stuff, then we'll eat, then I'll take her inside to put on her beautiful princess dress and her jewelry and then we'll come down and open presents, sing happy birthday and blow out candles. I will then remove this beautiful dress and let her eat her cake.........then we play some more. Our parties last a while, so I feel like I should add at least one more side dish.....especially since half of the guests don't like cole slaw. We are also having deviled eggs, but that's just an appetizer. Any suggestions would be very appreciated........please easy stuff............even cold stuff that I could make the night before. Would it be weird to have both potato and pasta salad?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• FRECH FRIES!! get a bunch of ore ida fries and throw em in the oven
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 7:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I think it sounds fine... plenty of side dishes. If you want more maybe something simple like chips or maybe some fresh fruit.
    For my son's 3rd birthday we are keeping it simple: Burgers and hot dogs and then the sides we are planning on are calico beans, potato salad and chips. And then he'll have cake and ice cream later.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I agree with chips and/or fruit. What about some kind of small sweet treat for the adults in case they don't want cake? Petit fours or tarts maybe? Just a suggestion-the other food sounds good by the way, I'm getting hungry right now.
    GabsMom1

Answer by GabsMom1 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2011