Too hot to cook

planning next weeks menu, any one got any no cook dinner ideas... other then sandwiches?

daughteroftruth

Asked by daughteroftruth at 6:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• crab pasta salad, you'll have to cook the pasta, but that's it, then drain the pasta in cold water, mix it up with imitation crab, some mayo, lemon juice, dill weed, thyme, salt & lemon pepper with whatever veggies you want (I used yellow peppers, red peppers & corn). Chill for an hour.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 6:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• by no cook, I mean cold. I'm willing to cook pasta and stuff like that in the beginning of the week so we can keep the house cooler throughout the rest of the week.
    daughteroftruth

Comment by daughteroftruth (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It's still cooking but how about crockpot BBQ pork or beef sandwiches, mine doesn't seem to heat up the kitchen, and it's no work. I also try to have my husband grill a bunch of extra meat on the weekend and I freeze it. Then I pull out packages of frozen chicken to use in a chicken ceasar salad, or beef strips to heat in the microwave for soft tacos, or meat for a quick taco salad. etc.

If you get a day cool enough to cook. I like to make double or triple batches of things like sloppy joes, cooked meatloaf, spaghetti, anything that freezes well and can be microwaved on a hot day for dinner.

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• mmmn, that sounds yummy momov4kids, do your kids like it?
    daughteroftruth

Comment by daughteroftruth (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• anything to make in the microwave, microwaves dont generate heat outside the actual microwave
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 6:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• 3 out of 4 loved it. My picky 2 yr. old ate all but the crab.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 6:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• cooked prawns and salad.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I sometimes make something in the Crock Pot. That does not heat up the house.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• k, I will have to try out the crock pot and see how it does. I bet I could even set it out on the porch. I use my crock pot regularly though the winter, not so much in the summer.
    daughteroftruth

Comment by daughteroftruth (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• salads, bbq some chicken outside, but make enough for left overs and have bbq chicken salad. can also do it with steak too.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2011