My son does not want to play alone much.

He is 14 months and started this up a couple/few weeks back. It makes it so hard to catch up on housework. I have to do all the cooking and cleaning while he asleep. He is also a night owl so I am up late doing work. Am I alone?
It has me pretty tired because when it's midnight, I really don't want to be working on the apartment:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it's okay to let a little housework slip... toddlers aren't ready to play on their own yet they need to be entertained.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• very normal, try getting him to "help" like folding dish towels or give him some pots and pans to bang while you're cooking.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• They all go through phases like this even up until they are around 4, where they wont play alone they want you with them every second.....its just part of them growing and learning, if you havent already you could try a couple of new toys, it doesnt have to be something big either a couple of little things he hasnt seen before could keep his interest for a little longer, they get bored sometimes with the same things....
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thank you:)
    It is not like I am a slob, infact I have been making a point to not come on the computer until I have done a good amount:)
    I have made a lot of improvements over the years. When dh and I were first married, I was a huge slob(before ds). Dishes piled up for DAYS and even then I never did very many of them. Paper was all over. I think I don't want to be THAT again. I am not obsessive but I do want our son to grow up in a clean environment.

I love going for walks with my son. There is various walk ways where we live and he loves that!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• btw no one called me a slob here, I know. I just wanted to give some backround.
    That is a great idea about the new toys and giving him something to do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011