If my mood changes will his mood change?

Me and and my husband are both pretty negative. I've always been like this but for him it's a more recent thing and now it is affecting our son. So if I can figure out how to change my attitude is it possible he might change his?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Absolutely. I had to do that

Answer by admckenzie at 7:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yes...I believe so when I met my dh he was the positive one and I was the negative one now it's the other way around....now we try to be on the same page when he gets upset I just tell him let me know when you are ready to talk calmly.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yes, they mirror their surroundings. How you change your attitude is to change your thoughts. The mind and thoughts are what dictate what kind of life we have, not our circumstances. It sounds like you both feed the negative side and harbor self-pity and resentments. ( it comes with the territory) Look up "Two Wolves", A cherokee parable. Only we can change our lives. Instead of focusing on what hasn't gone right, it is a matter of fighting that committee in our head, redirecting thoughts and looking for anything we can have gratitude for. People either thrive with gratitude or attitude. The choice is up to each of us... Good Luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 7:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• absolutely it works think happy thoughts!
    a smile is contagious :)
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 7:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• You are feeding off each other's negativity - start channeling your life to positive things. If it means volunteering at a food bank, so be it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Absolutely! This is coming from a former negative nellie lol! I know that I choose to be around people who are positive. If I'm around people who are negative it drags me down. So I know the opposite has to be true! So change yourself, don't let his negativity drag you down and his attitude should begin to improve!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2011