Tired of my name being dragged through the mud.........

For the past 4 years this woman have been telling the whole community lies about me and my hubby. I am so sick of it! When I first got pregnant(we use to work together) she told everyone at work that one of our co-worker was the father of my child. She then told the community(live in a small town) that my dh's best friend was the father. I have been trying to be nice(hate confrontation). She has this habit of coming to me at stores when I am shopping(I try to hide) and telling me that dh's ex girlfriend is back home and is pregnant,, but she do it in a snide way like she is trying to insinuate that dh has been with her. Its like she is trying to get a reaction out of me. I would smile and tell her to tell the ex congratulation. I don't have a problem with the ex we always speak and make small talk(it was in the past and before my time so why hold a grudge). Well yesterday I have this random stranger come up to me and tell me that this person said that dh's is cheating on me with so and so. If she had of got her facts straight She would have known the other woman is dh 2nd cousin. I am just tired of it. My sister called me this morning telling me the same thing the random stranger told me. Ladies me and dh never go any where. Between his work, side business, my school, and our kids most people don't see us unless we are out grocery shopping. My last child she told everyone that dd was dh's uncle child. What can I do? I am reaching my breaking point and it is not going to be nice. When I say she is telling everyone I mean she is telling everyone.

By the way I am 28yrs old and this lady is 44.

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Someone needs to put her in her place, your husband is probably a good person to do that! If she is 44 and still carrying on like that people probably know how she is and dont pay too much attention to what she says.......some people just love to stir up trouble and drama, dont let her steal your joy, but I would have her confronted about her behavior
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Quit avoiding confrontation and confront her. Make sure several people are around so she can not change the events up.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Maybe she's jealous of you... Your life. You doing the right thing by being civil about the whole thing just be yourself and let her act the fool sooner or later she's gonna get hers. GL Don't waste your time on her do not give her any satisfaction.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Who is she to your family that she want's to spread these rumors? I concur, I would confront her and let everyone hear what she has to say when you finally do.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 7:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• people do anything to break a happy couple up!
    im so sorry about this! sounds like she doesn't have much better to do, sad
    keep living your life and enjoying it! people will get what's going on
    instead of being in defense mode in front of other people, make it light and brief by laughing about it
    so it doesn't look like you have issues either ya know!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The 44 year old sounds like she has issues ~ just ignore her, hold your head high, don't react to the B.S. The woman is getting a rise out of you by your reactions - just shrug it off.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i'd say pop her one then maybe she would think twice bout what she says.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Is she an EX of your DH. Did he have an affair/sex with this person. Sounds like she is trying to break you all up.

Answer by louise2 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• No she is not an ex. She use to be my older sister best friend. We(dh and I) have done nothing but been nice to her)
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 8:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i would try to find a balance between being nice and between confronting
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011