• In the Spotlight:

I am bleeding and in pain with my IUD. I've had it for 2 1/2 years with no problems....what could it be?

I have a Merina IUD and I usually do not have a period other than VERY light spotting for 1 day. Well I have been bleeding for a week now. Still not heavy but it's just weird. I also have a kinda sharp pain towards the top right area of my uterus whenever I wipe....I know TMI! I am kinda concerned but I don't have insurance so I'm afraid to call Dr because I know they'll want me to come in.

pink72princess

Asked by pink72princess at 12:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Health

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • You have an infection. I had the same thing. You need to see the Dr. or ER right away. Mine had to be removed in ER because I was in so much pain.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• CALL YOU DOCTOR. I also have an IUD. I have just had my second one put in after having my second child. It is my understanding that you can experience some sharp pain if it puntures your tube. Get checked as soon as possible.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 12:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Please, insurance or not, you need to go have it removed. Its no joke.
    ItsMeCaseyLynn

Answer by ItsMeCaseyLynn at 3:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2008