Do I have a reason to be mad or am I over reacting?

My daughter birthday was yesterday and her grandparents did not call. They treat her different from their other grandkids. She does not get anything from them. No birthday presents, christmas present, NOTHING. But my step son gets EVERYTHING! They have never came to visit her and she is two years old and for two years they have came up with an excuse why they cant come. We have been to visit them over 6 times this year alone. They live two hours away but you would think they would at least visit once. I feel like my child is treated different and I dont know why. The have no pictures in their house of my daughter even though I sent some pictures to them ( 8x10's and 5x7's) I went to their house and the pictures was in the envelope ( and yes it was opened) But she have pictures of the other two grandkids.. I told my husband im not visiting them anymore and neither is my daughter. My husband dont think I should say anything because it will just cause problems. Am I over reacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No you are not over reacting.. I think not going to visit them any more is a good idea. They are acting like they do not want you and your child their any ways.

Answer by louise2 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I'd send a picture in a frame. As a grandmother, if kids send me pix but no frame the pix just sit around somewhere and don't get picked up. If I get to see my grandkids it's bc they come to see me. I don't travel. Don't get upset. Just work around it. I wouldn't take it personally.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Shame on her, that is her loss.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I dont think thats fair to your daughter, because as she gets older she will notice the differences. I can not imagine my mother no sending gifts to one grandchild but sending them to all the others, thats terrible for a child. I am guessing this is your husbands parents, why doesnt he talk to them about it!!!!!!!!!!!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• she dont frame any of her pictures and if that was the case she could buy a $1 picture frame from dollar general. The other kids pictures are not in a frame the are proudly displayed on her counter and on top of her t'v and in her bedroom ( those are in frames)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• No you are not over reacting! Your daughter should be treated like the rest of the grandchildren. Obviously she have some kind of problem but she need to get over it.
    MsPhyllis1985

Answer by MsPhyllis1985 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would be upset, I'm blessed my kids grandparents treat them all equal

raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would ask her myself. Your husband's not going to do it because he doesn't see it as a problem. If they can't come up with a reasonable reason for the different treatment, then tell them how you feel about it. If they don't appear to care, then don't visit. I would definitely get it cleared up before your daughter starts to notice.
    GabsMom1

Answer by GabsMom1 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I know how you feel. But in my case its all three of my kids. They will stop by for about five mins say hello hug and kiss them. Then leave. They will buy them gifts but thats it. They will never keep them or just call and say hey can we have the kids today. I have to be with them at all times. It saddens me because they have my sisters kids from Ala and they even go and get them. Or they go and get my brothers kids. My kids are never invited unless I am there to tend to them. Its not fair. I know the girls are babies and Chace doesn't walk, talk or situp. But he loves to play on the floor with toys and watch tv. But they just don't. My kids arent bad. I'm not just saying that. My counsin 12 year old daughter is my babysitter. If a 12 year old can handle them. Why can't my parents???? So to answer your questions No your not overreacting. Its your mother instinct.
    ChacesMom

Answer by ChacesMom at 11:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I don't think your over reacting, and I don't think she'd like her child to be treated that way. If you have a realationship where you feel comfortable asking her, then I would and maybe find out exactly what the reason is. It's not fair to your DD if it's something that can be resolved. I do think your S/O should be a man about it and speak to his own Mother about the problem, but a lot of men won't and can't seem to see past their noses. I'd let her know if the favortism doesn't stop you'll not be visiting w/your DD and they need not visit either. Your S/O doesn't seem to want to resolve it, so he should be willing to deal with the way you DO.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2011