DH doesn't understand why Im angry. Do you?

Today I woke up to my 17 year old American Eskimo dog dead. I've had her since I was a little girl. I asked him if after breakfast if he would bury her. He said "yes" so breakfast comes and goes. I walk into the room and he is watching a movie. Lunch goes by and he is playing on the computer. I'm terribly upset that my dog is just lying dead on the lawn. So I go dig the hole, pick her up with the shovel and as Im walking over to the hole I fall, drop my beloved dog and bust my knee wide open. It was terrible. Not only because I hurt myself, but because I dropped my dogs dead body. I felt terrible. So I bury her, and go fix my knee. I turned on the sprinklers to get rid of the smell in the backyard. He saw the sprinklers and asked when I wanted him to bury the dog... I got so angry and said "you said you would do it after breakfast! You never did, So I had too!" He said "well I was letting my food digest before I did it" I said "I went out there and buried her, WITHOUT letting my food digest." and walked away. He doesn't understand why Im so upset with him. Not only did my dog just die, but he completely doesn't want to do ANYTHING! He didn't have an attachment to her like I did. I would have liked to not have been the one to get up close and personal with her dead body. He didn't seem to care. Am I just upset by the situation, or do I have the right to be upset with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• What a jerk! Yes, you have every right to be mad at him! He said he would do something, and not only did he wait till after breakfast, but after lunch as well! Can I kick his rump for you?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would be soooo upset. You are in the right my dear. I am so sorry you had to go through this. He is being insensitive, plain and simple.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• What an ASS! If he wanted to let his food "digest' why did he tell you he would do it after breakfast? Even if he didn't love the dog like you did, he should show some compassion to you!!!!!
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• U have every right to be upset at him and the situation!! He's being extremely insensitive!!
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• That is just plain making up excuses & he has no consideration for your feelings. I wld be upset, yes. Movies & games when you needed him to do something so important.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 7:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• IM so sorry your dog passed away! I would be devestated, I agree taht you need to take the night for yourself!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 7:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• So not only did you have to grieve for your beloved pet, your DH ignored you and sat on his ass. I'd make him pay for that one.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Be upset then calm down and try and explain it to him. After time to think he might understand more.
    MISSOCTOBER

Answer by MISSOCTOBER at 8:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Wow! He really is a jerk! My dh and I both love our dogs (and cats) very much, it would break my heart if my dh behaved this way! You have every right to be angry, hurt and upset!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2011