Man up!!!!!!

I am getting sick of hearing over and over in here about peoples inlaws causing problems in a family, it always seems to be the husbands side and the husband never wants to do anything about it!!!!!!!! The wife is miserable, the in laws are either treating her badly, talking about her unkindly, getting involved in the marriage, favoring certain grandchildren etc and when the wife talks to her husband about it he replies something to this effect "just leave it alone, dont worry about it" OR "it will just cause drama" OR "your over reacting" ........since when is it ok for a man to let his wife be disrespected? I can not imagine having a man that would stand for it, so this may be more a vent, but my question to you is Are you dealing with something like this right now? Have you talked to your man about why he wont man up? Have you been in this situation and your man has stood up and taken a stand against his families treatment of you or your children? Please tell me there are some out there! before I pop a vain! LOL

Princess_s21

Asked by Princess_s21 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• My DH's sperm donor, always stood up for me. His dad always told him to man up( basicaly let me defend myself and be a baby to him) but my DH stands up for me when I need it, he knows other than that I can take care of myself most of the time.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 7:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Err... I mean my DH alwyas stood up for me against his Ssperm donor. lol I hate that jackass
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 7:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Two thumbs up!

Even the Bible weighs in on that one: Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yup, I just think its awful not to have eachothers back like that, I am talking more when it gets out of control, I am one to stand up for myself also, but not all women are, most dont want to cause conflict with their husbands family so they grin and bare it and the husband lets her, there is something wrong with that to me when a husband lets his whole family either treat his wife or children badly.
    Princess_s21

Comment by Princess_s21 (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I told Dh after he caused drama that either he admits his faults to mommy and daddy or they don't come around. I will not be judged for something I never did.I don't deal with feeling less than who i am around anyone.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yup, and 2 months ago he got fed up and said basically go F yourselves. We can have our own happy family and don't need the drama.
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 10:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yes, I am dealing with this crap. Seeing how MIL treats DS and how she accomodates BIL and does basically everything for DH it's clear she raised them to be friggen pansies when it comes to a lot of stuff. When I come to him about problems with MIL (so I don't tear her head off instead) he says, "What's the problem?" "Well you need to learn to do this." "What can I do about it?" "I'm sick of hearing you complaining." I love DH but have considered divorce many times because of this woman. MILs SUCK and the fact DH favors her over me sucks more!
    Anonymous

• sorry your dealing with this @ anon......it causes such strain on a marriage, there is a role of a wife and a role of a MIL and plenty of room for both relationships, its when a man allows a MIL to overstep her place when the issues come in, it happens all too much.
    Princess_s21

Comment by Princess_s21 (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2011