Is there a such thing as..

To much fun for kids. There is a debate going on right now on if kids should have a certain amount of play time or not. I think that it is okay for kids to have fun and play but they should still read or do something educational during the summer. The reason I say this is because during the summer kids seem to forget some of the things they have learn while in school. What do you think study during the summer or fun fun fun for the kids.

MsPhyllis1985

Asked by MsPhyllis1985 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Play can also be educational...

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I am a big fan of reading. I spent lots of time reading from the time I was in kindergarten. I still love to read. My kids were not as fond of reading even though I encouraged it so they spent a lot of time outside. But they all did well in school and all graduated from college. I didn't worry about their summer vacations. they spent a lot of quiet time too,even tho they weren't reading.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I'm doing summer school at home with my kids in the areas they need help in. A day in school, followed by 30 minutes of homework is not so extreme during the school year that they don't get any fun time in. Its important to me that their education come first. Likewise, the hour or less spent on studies during the summer isn't going to kill them. It's part of teaching them responsibility.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• They say kids loose 30% of what is learnt in school, during the summer. I say 20 mins out of a day to do some reading, and math a few times a week, wont hamper all the fun they will be having the rest of the day.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• No such thign as too much fun :)
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2011