Any tips for a garage sale?

I don't care to have a garage sale but I guess I will this weekend. We are having a joint one with other family members. I've been sorting through junk all week. I am doing this cause I have a smaller house and too much stuff! I usually would freecycle but for some reason the group here is so inactive that I haven't even been allowed to join and that was last year I applied.. anyway. Give me your best selling tips! Thanks!

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• definitely have enough change! people hit the atm before going out and it doesnt give small bills. be open to people haggling with you. just think of it as instead of "losing" $0.50, you're still gaining something instead of just tossing it. i dont even stop at sales if things look totally disorganized or dirty. and write dates on your signs!!! i hate following a series of signs for 10 minutes only to find the sale was the previous weekend!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 8:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• dont overprice
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• have lots of change/small bills.
    don't 'hold' something for anyone..sometimes they don't come back, and that will be the one item you could've sold four times!
    don't price things sentimentally..if you're getting rid of it, memories don't matter to the buyer.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thank you. :) I plan to charge .25 cents per clothing. I don't think anything will be over a buck.
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2011