Do you work? What do you do and why?

I am a student and a part time employee at the college I attend as well as my mother's caregiver.

cornfed.23.16

Asked by cornfed.23.16 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• I work full time, from home for an insurance company as an auditor. Been there for 14 years. I really like my job, and all the perks that come with it. I earn more than my husband, just b/c I have been there so long.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• yes am studying to be a vascualr technician and i am currently part time in the community i live in at the art center. i can not wait to be in my career and be making real money!
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Yes, I work from home. I'm in direct sales and because I wanted to be my own boss.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I was a teacher until I went on my maternity leave, and I will not be returning in the fall. I tutor for my college and local middle and high school students part time from home though. I also go to school full time for my MBA in finance.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I work a full time job and an on-call job. I work because we need the money lol. And I honestly don't think I could be a stay at home mom. I'd go crazy. My full time job I work with MR/DD adults in a sheltered work center. I'm a QMRP (case manager). My on call job I do crisis intervention in the ER for the health dept.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Yes I work full time as a probation officer. Why...hmm.... I always wanted to be either a social worker or a cop. I became a cop and was a child abuse investigator for several years. But I felt I was not getting enough...I could not follow these people for a long time and continue helping them. The probation field allows me to play the combination of both roles. I have done both juvenile & adult, and loved them both equally!
    If you're asking why I work, and not why I chose the job I did, I'd say I work because I'm a very social person and when I tried being a SAHM; I went absolutely stir-crazy!
    Hope this helped, and I answered your ?? :)
    bbreitha

Answer by bbreitha at 1:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• I work and have a business and hoping soon i can leave the job. I work with Alzheimer residents. Im going to school for my business degree and to be a counselor so i love being my own boss and my social life consists of my hobbies and passions that i love but I will say nothing beats a business and your own schedule i love it!!!!!!!!!!
    beauti_ful

Answer by beauti_ful at 1:17 AM on Jul. 8, 2011