Momzilla sends scathing email t0 son's fiancee ~ would you forgive this?

Last month, 60-year-old British florist and total mom-zilla, Carolyn Bourne attacked. After her stepson’s bride-to-be, Heidi Withers, was a guest in her house she had a thing or two to teach her before she entered the Bourne family.  
When Withers received the email (Bourne sent it three times to be sure) she did what anyone would do: she forwarded it to a few friends to share in the shock. What was the alternative —respond with a 'frowny' face? But instead of simply offering advice, some anonymous friend got pro-active and forwarded Bourne’s e-attack, launching a viral sensation in a matter of hours. Now everyone in the Western Hemisphere has laid eyes on Bourne’s email. 
(Excerpt below ~)
from: Carolyn Bourne   
to: heidi withers   
subject: your lack of manners

Here are a few examples of your lack of manners:

When you are a guest in another's house, you do not declare what you will and will not eat - unless you are positively allergic to something.

You do not remark that you do not have enough food.

You do not start before everyone else.

You do not take additional helpings without being invited to by your host.

When a guest in another's house, you do not lie in bed until late morning in households that rise early - you fall in line with house norms.

You should never ever insult the family you are about to join at any time and most definitely not in public. I gather you passed this off as a joke but the reaction in the pub was one of shock, not laughter.

You regularly draw attention to yourself. Perhaps you should ask yourself why. No one gets married in a castle unless they own it. It is brash, celebrity style behaviour.

I understand your parents are unable to contribute very much towards the cost of your wedding. (There is nothing wrong with that except that convention is such that one might presume they would have saved over the years for their daughters' marriages.) 

If this is the case, it would be most ladylike and gracious to lower your sights and have a modest wedding as befits both your incomes.

One could be accused of thinking that Heidi Withers must be patting herself on the back for having caught a most eligible young man. I pity Freddie.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/mother-in-law-sends-worst-email-ever-to-bride-forgivable-2504517/

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think she should have sent the email but I actually agree with pretty much everything she said
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i dunno.... it's rude and presumptuous but scathing? it's really not all that mean. with that said i have a british mother in law and she's pretty sweet... i do pity the bride but she's gonna have to get used to it
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 8:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would rather have it sent to me in an e-mail, then have her secretly hate me for decades. May as well just say it. Then, there is a chance to do some repair.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I was just reading this on yahoo.com, this is so rude I am very glad my boyfriends parents like me and would never say such a thing, Im pretty sure I would not get married to someones mom who said all these things.
    AnasMom09

Answer by AnasMom09 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I wouldn't call it scathing, but I will say it is a sour note to start a relationship on since she will be her daughter-in-law.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Lol, pathetic. She could have asked her son to mention a few things. Its not her place.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Well, I think she made some good points lol. A lot of that is proper etiquette! I mean, I have eaten many things I didn't like as a guest in someones home. It seems as though her parents should have spent a little more time on manners lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I read about this and that snooty old bat needs to be put in her place.
    LisaAnn069

Answer by LisaAnn069 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2011