Jehovas witness

They really pissed me off this time,they came to my door and spoke to my 13 yr old daughter and asked her if she would like to be a Jehovas Witness. My problem is who the hell do they think they are speaking to a child with no adult present? I'd like to speak to them about this but don't have a contact number. Is this the normal routine for these folks?

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 8:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• https://watch002.securesites.net/contact/submit.htm

or write

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201-2483.

or google your area.

That would make me mad as well
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 8:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Instruct her to not open the door to strangers
    The ones I've come in contact with are VERY pushy. This doesn't surprise me.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• That's how I was "born again" when I was 10 - the local Baptists came to the door during Saturday morning cartoons before my parents woke up. Doubt it counted, and even if I did, I've still rejected it in the meantime. I had no idea what the words meant, only that the weird guy at the door wouldn't let me shut it and kept saying as long as I repeated after him I wouldn't burn in Hell. I said it to get rid of him.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Well quite frankly, I instruct my kids not to answer the door, unless it is someone we are expecting (like my parents or something). Normally, I answer the door, and if I'm in the shower or something they don't answer it.

I admit it's annoying, but they truly believe in what they are doing, and that there is nothing wrong with it. That's how strong they are in their beliefs. In some ways I admire how they stick to what they believe in, but it is a little annoying to those of us outside their beliefs.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Personally, I wouldn't see an issue. She's 13, more than old enough to start to explore other paths should she want to. Hell, I was younger than that when I knew what path I belonged on... It's not like they are stalking her or trying to force her to follow them, they just approached her. If she were my daughter I would encourage her to talk to them and learn the basics of their beliefs - if nothing else. If she were 6 I would see why you're upset, but at 13, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• They use to do that when we were younger. I think it is normal for them.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• ooohhhhh that crossed the line!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Is your daughter big for her age and look older for her age? I wonder if they thought she was an older teenager? Teach her to either not open the door to strangers or how to recognize them: either 1 or 2 people, usually 1 older and 1 younger, dressed very nicely (Sunday best) and holding a bible and/or briefcase and/or cluster of tracts/leaflets.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• ive had them come to my door lookin for my mom. Her friend sent them down there.. They almost left with a broken face :) I had my daughter and was pregnant too. they started talkin about how cute my baby was. (keep in mind shes mixed). i told them thank you and then they decided to say oH well i hope shes not yours.. I said YES SHE IS and i have another one on the way!!.. they didnt know what to say and left.. get in my damn biz i dont care if u dont like it.. u asked lol..

chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Ya, pretty normal routine.

Id hope my boys remember to not answer the door like they've been taught. I wouldnt be happy if they tried to guilt trip or scare my child but at 13 Id hope my child would tell them where to stick it if they started doing that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2011