Historical Perspective - Steps Toward Persecution...please share your opinion of this article

I found an interesting article and would like to share.

From the article:

In careful consideration of the changing spiritual and cultural values in America today, it is not by accident that all aspects of our private and national life are rapidly being altered to reflect a more secular mentality while diminishing the influence of Christian principles and practices. This is being done in spite of the blatant fact of the strong influence of Christianity in the establishment of our nation. The present-day liberal-minded, self-proclaimed statist elite defies even the irrefutable facts of history in their vicious campaign to make a final separation between God and State.

Their final goal is a totally secular humanistic society. In order to achieve their goal they must use all possible means to eliminate all opposition. The biggest and most formidable opposition that stands in the way of the modern-day humanists in achieving their goal is Biblical Christianity and the Christ-centered conservative-minded people of God.

There are five steps that are generally followed by a government or ruling power in harassing any group such as the Church, which leads to outright persecution and eventual Red Martyrdom:

1. Identifying;

2. Marginalizing;

3. Vilifying;

4. Criminalizing;

5. Terrorizing.

The entire article can be found here: http://www.truthinhistory.org/historical-perspective-steps-toward-persecution.html and in reading it you can give a more thorough opinion.  What do U think?

flatlanderjenn

Asked by flatlanderjenn at 8:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't agree with the article in the slightest. Secularizing the nation to include all religions and those without religion is not war on Christianity as this author seems to believe. Christians still have their rights to practice their faith. What they do not have is the right to permeate every part of everyone else's life with that faith. That's not persecution, that's non-Christians and atheists standing up and saying, "Enough." And it always irritates me when people force all non-Christians into the "liberal" category and all Christians into the "conservative" category, because it's just so bogus.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The viewpoint of that article is nauseating. Wonder how many of the people nostalgic for the good old days would really be happy to get them back when they realized most people would be property, child abuse would be acceptable, spousal abuse legal, and rape ALWAYS the victim's fault? Yeah, what horrible changes we've made by diversifying society.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I agree Kelly- Christians are just as likely to be liberal as conservative regardless of political affiliation- I am moderate- what keeps me Republican is my penchant for small govt (and even that is not so Repub anymore) - I don't see an assault on Christianity- I do see politicizing of Christianity which I think is not a good idea- politics is way too, well political for religion to get too heavily involved. I am good to go as long as we continue to have freedom OF religion-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• What I find nauseating is that while the secular humanists cry about establishment being violated by Christian principles, everyone is failing to notice that secular humanism is also a religion (where it's deity is the human - often the self) is currently violating the establishment clause by forcing the government to oust Christian ideals.

As for the steps towards persecution ... I can see this happening. It's progressive.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 8:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• As for the steps towards persecution ... I can see this happening.

Despite the church fighting it tooth and nail for decades, it's been legal for interracial and interdenominational couples to marry and adopt for a long time now. Has it been criminalized yet? Has there been any push to force churches to legally marry (or bury or baptize) anyone they don't want to? Being disagreed with is not being oppressed. Try losing your job or child for your religion, then maybe you'll understand the word.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• "Secular Humanism... is a secular philosophy that espouses human reason, ethics, and justice, and the search for human fulfillment. It specifically rejects religious dogma, supernaturalism, pseudoscience or superstition as the basis of morality and decision-making.

This^^ is what you're referring to as a religion? That's stretching at best.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I am good to go as long as we continue to have freedom OF religion

I agree with this as well. When people are denied their rights to practice their faith, I'm first to stand up for them. Everyone has that right, and I value my right to practice my beliefs, but I don't extend my religious beliefs past my own nose.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I don't think I could say it any better than it has already been said. In fact, all I could think while reading it was "oh, please"...

I think it ties in with that other post about how not being able to oppress others is not persecution or interference of our rights. Making room to allow equal rights and considerations for *all* of our citizens is not an attack on Christianity or discriminatory towards Christians.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• What do I think about the article? I'm not in the least surprised to see that the author calls himself a "Holiness Evangelical". I think it's typical of the evangelical type who want to believe that they are in danger of persecution in this country, and are seeking ways to self-fulfill the "prophesies". 

He lists the "attitude of the enemies of Christ and His Body, which has been the true Church down through the centuries to this present day":  Enemy, curse, despise or despite, hate and persecution.  He gives explanations of these but misses the hypocrisy.  These are all things done by the Church over the centuries to "other" groups--but they are not happening to Christians (not in the U.S. anyway) and never have.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 9:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• So more people are figuring out it's all BS and starting to think for themselves and seeking out other alternatives...so what?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011