There is no magic pill, got it?

Am I the only one who is annoyed at how many people have questions on here which basically say "I dont want to work out or change my eating habits, just give me a pill/powder that will make me lose 40 pounds in one week, OK?"

FYI. There is no such thing as a pill which allows you to continue shoving pizza burgers and ice cream down your gullet all day long and never lift a finger, and make you lose weight. That DOESNT EXIST.

You WILL have to work out. You WILL have to change your eating habits. You MAY have temporary results from a diet pill, but NO diet pill will "fix" your weight permanently. You WILL gain it back if you dont change.

Stop being so freaking lazy and stop looking for a "magic pill" because it doesnt exist! Grow up ladies and take some responsibility for your own bodies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• "actually pills may not work for everybody.. but they do work. I wonder why you care that other people ask questions.. dang... mind yours. Concern yourself with yourself if other people bother you. "

TEMPORARILY. No diet pill will permanently rid you of weight, just like gastric bypass. I am sick of seeing all these people act like they can just take a pill and drink lemonade for 4 weeks and all the sudden all their problems will be solved. Like I said before, you dont like it? Move on. I dont care that people ask questions, I do care that I keep seeing irresponsible answers to those questions, and that I keep seeing the SAME question over and over again... "how can I lose 10 pounds in one week?!" #1, thats not healthy.. and #2.. you may lose 10 pounds but you will gain it back in 2 weeks. What does that solve?

Anonymous

• THANK YOU!!!!!!! I get annoyed at those questions too, so I don't even open them anymore to read them.
    Anonymous

• doesnt take much to annoy you people does it? lol
    Anonymous

• no... no it doesnt. haha.
    I just get so sick of it.. what goes through peoples heads when they ask some of these questions?
    "uhm I dont want to eat veggies or fruit.. and I want to exist soley on fried foods and sugar.. so what can I take to make me lose weight? Kthanksbye" lol..
    Anonymous

• I hate seeing that question pop up on here too.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• While I agree there is no "magic pill," please don't assume that all overweight people are lazy and sit around all eating junk food. That is a judgemental attitude, and a judgement call you have no right to make.
    Anonymous

• Amen anon 12:06P. It's judgmental as well as stereotypical. If you don't like those type of questions you have the option to skip over them. Just like I skip over the "could I be pregnant" questions. Your on the option plan here...you can op out at anytime and choose not to pull up those questions that annoy you. I really wished I would have chose not to read this one...lol
    Anonymous

• Um she did not say that all overweight individuals seek the magic pill....and she did not say that they all sat around being lazy.

I think a lot of the questions on here about pills, do appear to be from people who are lazy and do not want to eat healthy and exercise...but I think also there are a lot of people on here who ask about pills because they simply do not know HOW to diet and exercise properly, despite several attempts. This is because the real truth about diet and exercise THE FACTS are buried underneath a bunch of bullshit sales crap that is spread everywhere. It is very hard to distinguish between this crap and what you should really be doing. I hate that about all the shit about..but unfortunately theres not a lot you can do about it apart from spread the truth..which is why I have spend weeks writing my own book about this.

http://www.yourfatfreedom.com
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Just comes to show how lazy Americans have become.
    PhiLLy-StyLe

Answer by PhiLLy-StyLe at 3:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Well sounds like you have never been overweight. If you ever had you would know that while people make diet and exercise sound like such an easy solution, it's not as easy as it seems. I am overweight and have 2 kids under 2. It is hard to find anytime to exercise, I bought tapes to work out to, my son climbed all over me, I tried going for walks, my daughter screamed the whole time. I can't afford the gym either and I sold my treadmill cus it was just turning in to a coat rack.

This is why I try to help moms in my situation by telling them about products that are actually helping me. They help me eat smaller meals and have less appetite and I am losing weight and keeping it off. I do agree there are no quick fixes out there but there are tools out there that can help those who need them
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 9:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2008