For those who dont have friends from high school......

I wish had friends from high school. Sure I've got lots of people on my facebook but they dont seem to be interested in being friends. I see that sevearl of them are still friends & hang out etc I kind of wish I had some friends from back then. *sigh* oh well would be nice but guess I dont want to be friends with people who dont want to be friends with me right?

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm in the same boat mama...it sucks but then I think..we're not friends anymore bacause we have nothing in common so....makes sense lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Most of my friends from high school were fake. The one that was a true friend I kind of thought I was "too cool" for and distanced myself from and somewhat regret that.
    Anonymous

• Lucky209 - guess you may have a point there! I will comment here & there on photos or statuses sometimes they respond back to them but nothing comes of any of it. I just moved back to my hometown too was kind of hoping to reconnect with some people but I honestly dont think its going to happen. Oh well, guess I will have to figure out new friends!? That could be hard since everyone who lives here I went to school with & they all seem to have no interest in being friends haha I may have to start traveling to the larger towns to make friends!
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I'm just facebook friends with high school friends too. I moved away right after High School, and haven't been back for even a summer since.

Even when I go back into town for long visits I don't end up seeing any of them. I don't have any issues with them, but 11 years is a long time to grow apart. I don't expect things to be the same.

Good luck making friends again. Have some patience, and try to get involved in a class or something that interests you...it'll happen. You may find your best friend in someone out of your high school age range.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 9:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I dont have any friends from high school but thats for a couple reasons. First off, I had a baby in Feb of my senior year. So, I actually transfered to a Pregnancy Program in another school the end of junior year. So, I lost most of my friends then. Then, 3 years ago, I moved 500+ miles from where I grew up. I dont really miss most of them. A few yes, sometimes. But I love my life now, and the people I share it with now...I wouldnt trade them for the past.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 9:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I am only FB friends with the people i went to high school with, I graduated in 1995 and got married in 1997 and moved away that same year. At first we all tried to stay in touch, but our lives just grew apart and changed so much that, we stopped having things in common. It is always nice to see what they are up to, and I have had dinner with a few of them but we are all just so different than we were then.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I graduated in 1960 and spent over 21 years traveling all over due to Air Force transfers so I kinda lost touch with them.LOL. I saw a bunch at our reunion but I don't see myself hanging out with them. They aren't on Facebook as far as I know.That's okay.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My "friends" from highschool? Well they were just that then and now one actslike she is better than everyone else and the other makes promises she will never keep. I dont compare to them and thier worlds now. I am very down to earth and laid back and they are very snooty and materialistic and they flaunt everything they have... I am not jealous by any means because I know material things do not get me into heaven nor do they make my life complete.
    LisaAnn069

Answer by LisaAnn069 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2011