No Damn Respect

I have no respect for the military. My ex husband who is active duty constantly harrasses me. He has thretened to come kill us and has come into my place without permission. So today, I emailed one of his bosses, told him what was going on. He talked to my ex, who emailed me and basically told me to kiss his ass, that his commander doesn't care. When he told me he was coming to kill us, the cops told me they couldn't do anything but his commander could. It pisses me off that his commander is allowing this crap!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• OH, or you could call the MP's (Military Police) and tell them that he is threatening to kill you. I don't know how much they can do for you if you live off post, but that is another resource you can try.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I'm sorry for what's going on with you. It isn't right to blame the whole military in general. It's just him and his commander, not the "whole" military.
    Anonymous

• Honey if his commander is doing nothing go to HIS commander, and keep going up the chain of command until you get someone to listen to you. It has also been my experience that if you REALLY want something done go to the Non-commissioned officers or the Warrant Officers.

Don't hate all of us because one person is an ass.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• AnasMom- If you had been threw what the military has been. It would mess with your mind to.
    Anonymous

• I think its okay for you to say that you have no respect for your ex and for that specific commander. But to say you have no respect for the military itself is really to harsh. Im sorry this is happening to you, he sounds like a big asshole. I am sure there is someone else besides the commander that can help you. Go talk to a lawyer, get a restraining order, etc. Research research, research! Good luck...
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 8:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• wow that is so crazy, the military messes up peoples minds.
    AnasMom09

Answer by AnasMom09 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thanks. Its hard to find out who his commander's commander is or how to get a hold of the military police.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The military?! You should learn how to phrase if you dont want to piss people off. The military has nothing to do with it, those are individuals that happen to be part of the military. If theres one thing i cant stand, its people bashing people who risk their lives for our freedom.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Well I'm sorry sugamama3 but when I was married to him I pretty much saw cheating, violence and innappropriate behavior coming from these guys. I'm not saying all military guys are assholes, but I have seen a GOOD many of them!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Babe those are still asshole individuals. I'm sorry for your frustration and hope it gets resolved but i know a lot of stand up guys and gals in the military.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2011