Why does my husband always make mean faces in his facebook pics?!

My husband ALWAYS has a very mean face in his profile pic. We go camping or to the beach and he asks me to take a picture of him. OK, get ready!...mean face. And it's UGLY! In one of my groups we did a 'bang or pass' and every single one of the ladies said PASS because although he is good looking, he looked like he'd punch them. OMG! We go to the beach and I want to take a picture of him. Immideately I had to say, NO mean face!  So I got a semi mean face. He even took the camera and was taking a gazillion pics of himself. I uploaded them today, all mean pics! He takes pics at work or in the car, mean pics! Maybe he's self conscious of his teeth, fine. I dont give a toothy grin in my pics but there's no reason to have HATE in your eyes. I think he has issues and I think this may be reflective of some deeper problems. Any answers? Do we have any psych majors here...please?!

thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like maybe he thinks he looks cool or something. lol. Or maybe his friends think hes a badass and he has an image he needs to hold up? Or, he just thinks it funny :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• my mom thinks he's narcicisstic
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• He may be very self-conscious about the pictures. Or maybe he thinks he's smiling. Like the child who shouts through clenched teeth, "I AM SMILING!"

You could try giving him something really wicked to think about before you snap the pic. Whisper something erotic in his ear... "Honey, I'm not wearing any panties right now, and I'm so hot for you i could just go up in flames!" Then lean back and snap that pic! Maybe it will work.

Next, you might try having a silly photo contest. Tell him to make clown faces, and if you have a digital camera, snap dozens of pics. Snap, snap, snap. He'll make stupid faces at first, but if you keep at it, he may relax and just give some nice smiles. If you find a good one, have it enlarged and printed, and label it your "Facebook" smile, or your "cheese" smile. Ask him to practice that one!
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 9:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2011