Bath/tooth disaster!

Sooo, my hubby gives my DS a bath tonight and then says AHH Sarah come quick!

I run in to see my 14 month old with a bloody grin because he bit the side of the tub (yes, he's into biting EVERYTHING) and is no bleeding from his top right tooth. Naturally I freak out, run to get water and ice and give him a cold washcloth to suck on. We get the bleeding to stop and I check his tooth to make sure it's loose and it doesn't appear to be loose at all. Naturally he's all smiles and goes back to play in the bathtub and is now sleeping soundly.

PLEASE tell me I would know if it were loose or not. Naturally I'm calling in the dentist in the am, but I'd like to be able to put some worry to rest tonight so I can get some rest!

Sarahbeth7

Asked by Sarahbeth7 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• youd def know im sure youd feel it
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 9:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• OMG, tooth disaster! I have been there. Our first baby tooth disaster, we rushed her to the dentist. They pretty much said that if it wasn't chipped, in danger of falling out, or infected, they just leave it alone because it'll fall out anyway, by nature. This has made subsequent baby tooth disasters easier to handle.

That is a hard one to stomach, though. I can't take it when my babies are hurt.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Thank you...naturally my husband and I were FREAKING out but he to find the entire situation hilarious. Is this what raising a boy is going to be like?
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• you would def know if it was loose. i hate mouth injuries they always bleed so much
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 9:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

YES.......i have a 3 year old boy and the mouth injures keep coming!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 9:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Your kids could have broken the piece of skim that connects the top lip to the gum it's easy to break and causes a lot of bleeding but its fine most kids break it 3-4 times
    3lilANGELS236

Answer by 3lilANGELS236 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Ok good...well not good, but glad to know that if it was loose I would know it. Just can't believe he didn't really seem to care! He was giggling away! I gave him a break on brushing his teeth tonight though...lol.
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2011