Can someone clear this up for me?

in regards to hell, only those who choose to not accept God are going? so good people who simply do not believe in him, but live their lives as good human beings are going, but murderers, child molesters and the like get a ticket to heaven if they ask for forgiveness? will homosexuals go even if they do believe in god?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I believe that hell is for evil people. Good people all go to heaven regardless of belief system, sexual orientation, or whether they worship God, noone, or Scooby-Doo.
    Anonymous

• According to CM Christians all Atheists will go to hell. All CM Christians should go to hell for having Faith according to CM Atheists. According to CM Atheists and Christians and any other belief system, if you post anon you should go to hell. According to CM Answers members you should not debate religion because we are all whining. Did I cover it all? (This was meant to be funny because this place has been very heated lately.)

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Jeffery Dahmer was rebaptized in prison before he died. If that's the rule, he must be there.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Sorry, I don't think anyone can clear this up for you.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 10:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I guess it all depends on which character your god actually has, then. Because my belief is that God exists in our lives to foster peace in this world. He is non-judgemental, and doesn't care whether or not you worship him. If you are a good, helpful person, then his mission has been accomplished. That is the point.
    Anonymous

• pretty much i can live my whole life in sin and ask for forgiveness and accept god on my deathbed and go to heaven?
    >>>
    Don't know. But I do know what God promises. I don't think it's a wise idea to live your life as a selfish asshole in the hopes that you'll have a deathbed though.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• According to the Bible, there is none good--no not one. (Rom.3:12) If all it took to get to heaven was to be a good person, Jesus wouldn't have had to die on the cross. Just believing that God exists isn't enough either. Even the demons believe--and tremble. (James 2:9).
    As far as murders and child molesters and the like getting a ticket to heaven; if they repent, confess Jesus as their Savior, and ask His forgiveness, then yes...they will go to heaven. Jesus died for their sins, too. (1John 1:9).
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Jeffery Dahmer was rebaptized in prison before he died. If that's the rule, he must be there. "

SHUDDER.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• laughing@ pookiekins34 

vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 9:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Me, being the out spoken blunt one that I am, sat in the back of the funeral room with a cousin and watched as people who claimed he had raped and stole talked about how wonderful this man was. Personally, I have a hard time believing this repeat offender made it to heaven. At the end of the day I came to this conclusion.
    If I get into heaven it will be the acts and mercy of God, trust me my actions are not heaven worthy. Every single day I fall, every single day I ask Jesus to pick me up. I do not have the time to worry about Jeffery Dahmer, rapist down the street or cafemom atheist. If an atheist does not believe in hell chances of them ending up there should be kind of slim, if a person believes in reincarnation, unless they are born in NE they also will not be in hell. (sorry to all the Nebraska moms here)
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 9:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011