What's the BEST shampoo and conditioner, at the cheapest price?

I do not like VO5 or Suave. It makes my hair ratty. My hair is dyed blonde and I have a lot of split ends!

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It is very difficult, nearly impossible, to find 'best' and 'cheap' in the same product. When I was still coloring I like the L'oreal for color treated hair but it wasn't cheap.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The BEST and CHEAPEST shampoo, is none at all. I never shampoo my hair any more. The best thing for split ends is a good trim.

I use baking soda and vinegar on my hair. I give detailed directions on my blog, but basically, you dilute a tbsp of bk. soda in a cup of water, and spray this into your hair and massage thoroughly. It will not suds up, but it will get your hair clean without stripping it of the natural oils that belong there. The only reason people need conditioner, is because shampoo strips hair of the natural oils! Shampoo also contains harsh chemicals that are even passed through the placenta and into newborn infants!
    Then you rinse the bk soda out very thoroughly. Then not every shampoo, but maybe every third shampoo, I dilute 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (Not White) into a cup of warm water and massage that into your scalp, then rinse well. The vinegar can restore the nature Ph balance to your hair.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 9:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I like Tre Semme if I am on a tight budget., panteen is good too
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I use Pantene ProV and i love the way my hair feels, its not a cheap brand but its worth it. I have used the knock off brands that are similair and they make my hair feel rougher.
    sarah8910

Answer by sarah8910 at 9:33 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Suave makes an almond and shea butter conditioner that is FANTASTIC!

My default is always Pantene "Classic" series.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I use any shampoo-it doesn't really matter. I splurge on the conditioner...and I often will sit in olive oil for a few hours and then rinse out.
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 9:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I recently came to find suave had a good shampoo and conditioner. I used to switch between pantene, treseme, and herbal essences but want making my hair feel good anymore I tried suave and its cheap.
    pfuentes8

Answer by pfuentes8 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i like dove
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 11:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• id say the suave professionals line
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 11:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I don't buy store brands cause they have wax in the shampoo and makes your hair feel gross. I buy matrix in liter bottles when there on sale ( 14.00) and it last 8 months.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2011