Sinus problems

I am so annoyed right now
I keep getting these terrible sinus problems. Every few weeks I get this awful sinus pressure in my head, and near my ears. Nothing is helping. I have humidifiers, vaporizers, constant fans going to keep a good flow of air, tylenol stopped working so i started taking my prescription ibuprofein, sinus rinse, sinus spray. My chest started getting tight las night and I needed my inhaler, ummm I have exercised induced asthma wtf I dont even know if it was an asthma issue, just felt like I could barely breathe with out forcing a breath.
It feels like my glands are swollen, I just don't know what to do.

ANyone else ever deal with this

The first time this happened, bcak in april it was a sinus infection causing migraines, now it's more pain ful, less headache.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 9:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Health

• I live in the Central Valley in California. We have orange groves galore. I've had major sinus problems since I was born because of all the crops and groves. Claritin is like my best friend! The only thing that helps keep it at bay.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 9:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Have you tried taking an antihistamine? You could have inflammation due to an allergy. An antihistamine will block histamine release and it will also help decongest swollen tissues. During the day sudafed will not make you sleepy. Benedryl at night. If that doesn't make a major difference it's time to see the Dr before you wind up reinfected.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• to answer the question

I live in NOrthern California, also infamous for allergies, but living here my whole life I have never had an allergic reaction to anything.

And its weird that it comes and goes right? maybe not

What is an example of an antihistamine? sp?
    Sudafed barely helps, it says take every 4-6hrs, I need that plus prescription 600mg of ibuprofein and it only helps, maximum 2 hours.
    Benadryl doesn't help either, which is annoying.

I just got ordered a prescription nasal spray, hopefully it'll help
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2011