What kind of pads are best for the hospital after having a baby? adult content

I am a mother of one baby boy, and I had him by c-section...I am hoping to go for a VBAC this time around since this baby is not breech. I had bleeding (LOTS!) with Lucas (my son) and I know this time around, it will be the same. I used the hospital's pads for Lucas, and HATED them! We live an hour away from the hospital so I had to suck it up, this time around I would like to be a bit more comfy. Please Help!

Mommyjentimes2

Asked by Mommyjentimes2 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• big. whatever is biggest. super mega ultra. don't expect to be posing for any cover shoots, just get the biggest ones you can find.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 9:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I didn't need the biggest ones ever, at least not after the first day. I'd use the ones they give you the first day, and a maxi with wings for the rest.
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 9:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I loved the huge hospital pads... they really did the trick for those first days when the bleeding was so heavy. IDK any that they sell that would be as big and absorbent. I guess look for any large overnight pads and hope they don't leak. Good luck!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I used the overnight pads with wings. You can find them at any store.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 9:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I agree...as much as those big pads are uncomfortable and huge, you'll miss them b/c you will bleed alot. i would be scared to leak with smaller pads.
    brit0813

Answer by brit0813 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Big comfy mattress size ones for me lol
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The huge ones in the hospital are awesome. My LP made so much fun of me for asking for a few more, but they really help you get through the first couple days. After that a really absorbent maxi with wings will be fine. I just picked the Stayfree Overnight.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• They are going to give you mesh panties and the biggest pads you've ever seen at the hospital, they are a diaper basically but you will need it for the next few days. Afterward maxi with wings, they are uncomfortable but oh well.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I hated the hospital pads. For some reason I would leak right trough them and wouldn't even fill the pad. I used always infinity with wings and also kotex ultra thin overnights. I bled really heavy as well.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would get the always infinity with wings overnight. But after I had my dd, I said if I ever had another kid I was taking those adult pullups that look like panties!
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2011