How long?

After you give birth, how long is it normally until you get your next period (after the initial bleeding from giving birth). Just wondering, I have a 10 week old son, and since I stopped bleeding after I got out of the hospital, I have not had a period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Are you breastfeeding?
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I was for the first 8 weeks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• its all depends when u stopped bleeding i bleed for 2 months after my daughter an it all depends on that an if yours we regular to being with if your taken birth control, your stress levels their r many factors that play a roll in this best answer would be to go talk to your obgyn. hopes this helps hun good luck congrats on baby
    BOOKER123ABC

Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 10:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• my son's eight weeks and I still haven't gotten mine either. Are you on any kind of contraceptive at all? I'm on the pill and I'm sure that affects it some.
    b.inwonderland

Answer by b.inwonderland at 10:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I'm breast feeding also, I've heard that that can affect it too.
    b.inwonderland

Answer by b.inwonderland at 10:52 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Not on any kind of contraceptive. I planned to get my tubes tied, but my son was premature, so they would not do it immediately following delivery. They said I could get it scheduled after 10 to 12 weeks. I bled for about 5 weeks after delivery, and before I got pregnant it was every 28 days like clockwork.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• hmm, mine had regulated before I got pregnant also but before that I would have periods once ever two-three months. I hope the birth control helps. I suppose they'll ask you when you call to make your appointment?
    How early was the little one?
    b.inwonderland

Answer by b.inwonderland at 11:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• okay, my son is now nine weeks and I just started mine on the first like I normally did before I got pregnant and it hurts like it did after I had him. It's awful! Good luck with that! lol
    b.inwonderland

Answer by b.inwonderland at 1:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2011