Please help me find my sanity again!! :(

My daughter turned two last Monday. This whole week she has been throwing tantrums over just about everything. I am fine with ignoring the tantrums, but this weeks tantrums are slightly different. She has discovered this LOUD screaching voice and she yells and screams. I have tried time out, useless. I have tried ignoring it, useless. I have tried getting down to her level and talking calmly to her. Reminding her that I am here when she is ready to be a big girl and talk, useless. I have also tried consequences, useless.

THe thing that is irking me the most is that I have 3 mo old twin boys that are in the process of sleep training. She is yelling during their bedtime routines. It is very loud. VERY LOUD!!!

The other day we were driving to the mall, 30 minute drive, and she started a tantrum because she didn't see a bus outside. So random, but she screamed bloody murder until we got to the mall. The poor twins ears :(.

How can I handle this without going into a mental ward?? I appreciate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you considered watching one of the nanny shows for help? You might want to put in place a reward system for being good.
    soanxious237

Answer by soanxious237 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• This sounds like behavior that you have allowed for too long and now it's too late to change it. Or maybe this is a classic version of the "terrible 2's" .
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 10:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Tantrums are very diificult especially when you are trying to deal with younger kids. Sometimes you just have to weather the storm. Letting her tantrum in her room and come out when she is calmer may help but it depends on the child. Just rest assured, this phase will pass also.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 10:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• My DS who is only 15 mo does the same thing but they are usualy short- for now. My MIL said that my DH was the same way, and his doctor toldher to throw a fit with her. You may look ridiculous but he gave up on them after a few tims.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 10:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• f you find yours let me know i have been searching for mine since a couple months ago............ the terrible twos hit us like a sack of bricks. all i can say is stay vigilant hun. i try to ignore the tantrum (except when we are out in public thats trickier) and not feed into them. with my son you cant talk to him or even look at him when he is in meltdown mode it just fuels the fire. time outs are off and on useful and the word no means nothing now!! im in the same boat so your not alone
    tylersmommy54

Answer by tylersmommy54 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2011