Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Mold?

My friend (who is also on cafemom which is why I am anonymous) pumps and gives her baby that in a bottle sometimes when she can't breastfeed. A couple days ago when the baby was drinking we noticed a little bit of blackish looking things floating in the bottle so we threw it out and she bf. We noticed it again today and threw it out again. Well when she went to clean her pump pieces she realized there was some mold in it and that the milk she had just pumped had the little floaty pieces. So the baby has possibly drank that or had some milk with that in it, the baby seems fine, just fussy b/c he has acid reflux, but should she call her baby's doctor? He is almost 2 months old. She feels awful and guilty and is afraid to ask the doctor but I'm concerned if it could hurt the baby?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (1)
  • am not sure i would personel call they doc if i found it in mine an feel so bad too. i think it could make him sick. but keep us posted on the little bugger.
    BOOKER123ABC

    Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 10:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN