Do you think a 19 yo with a 16 yo gf is a sex offender?

Do you think 19 y/o with a 16 y/o gf, whos parents gave consent for them to date, should then be charged with a felony and forced to register as a sex offender. Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• No, the parents should have their child taken away. There's a reason there is adults and children.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• no, but legally an age differnce of OVER 2 years, when one is over 18, is grounds for being a sexual offense. I think 3years would be more realistic, but not my choice.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• felony and labeled a sex offender, no. should he have had a bit more common sense? definitely.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• No but, the law is the law. If they can't wait until she is of age then, HE is going to get into trouble.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I do because at 16 you have not matured enough to make decisions. Why would a girl's parents consent to that.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• No i feel that the boy may have some maturity issues but 19 and 16 i dont have a problem with it. i actually feel bad when i see young men having to register as a sex offender when they are only 19 or 20 and their gf is 16 or 17. 17 is an adult in my book i moved out at 17 as did both my sisters
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 10:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I know somebody this happened to. He is no a registered sex offender. Ruined his life. He used poor judgement.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• The law is two years age difference. I would worry, that the parents that gave premission would have a change of heart at some point in the relationship thus getting the boy into trouble.
    I agree with the two year age difference.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Not unless she was coerced, made to feel afraid etc. Being registered as a sex offender is a BIG DEAL. If it is just innocent young romance, then he doesn't deserve it.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 10:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Absolutely he can be manipulative and take advantage because of her age he is out of school probably done had more experience and the 16yr old isnt on his level he needs to find someone that has more in common with him in what he is looking for....
    JeremiahsMom11

Answer by JeremiahsMom11 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2011