I get SHARP pains every night...

I am 36 wks along, and I have to get up in the middle of the night every single night to go pee. Well, ever since the baby dropped about a week ago, whenever I get up in the night to go pee, I am in sooo much pain I can barely move. It's not the pelvic pain and hip pain from her drop, it's something completely different. Like, I have to scooch of the bed bc I can't just sit straight up anymore, but when I stand up there is an incredible sharp pain that starts really low and shoots all the way up to almost my ribs, but I feel it mostly on the inside of me. It's not on one side or the other, it's all the way across, too. It is so painful that when I first stand up, I have to hold on to something just to adjust to the pain, and then I'll SLOWLY walk to the bathroom.

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 1:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• thats what hapens to me - your muscles get relaxed into a position and if you move them out of that position too fast its like your muscles are stuck in this position and you have to slowly straighten them out again.
    just keep getting up slowly and take it easy - no reason to put a strain on yourself.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• CONTD After I get there, I have to try about 5 times to get down on the toilet; I usually wind up bending backwards to sit. Anyone know what could be going on or anyone go through something similar? I have an Appt tomorrow.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• And I forgot to add that it only happens in the middle of the night. It doesn't happen any other time.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• its probably her sleepign on on side adn when u get up its her not really moving yet
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• thats what im having every night also, along with lite cramps and lower back pain, my dr said its braxton hicks. even though many women on here said its not, my dr said it IS
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2008