Pie crust recipes?

I have read about 20 different recipes but I want to know how you make it.

MrsLLove

Asked by MrsLLove at 10:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Health

• I am an EXPERT at pie crusts, lol they are my specialty, I use the recipe in the better homes and gardens cook book. Its 2 1/4 cup flour 1 tsp salt, 2/3 cup shortening, I use butter flavored crisco, and 8-10 tablespoons water, but I go with whatever feels right. I start with the flour and salt mixed together, then cut in the shortening a little at a time and push it up against the sides of the bowl until its pea size, and mixed well. Then I slowly add in the water and do the same thing stir and push the dough up to the sides of the bowl until it all comes together, and then I use my hands and mix it all together and add a little extra water so the dough is slightly sticky. After its shaped into a ball, I wrap it in plastic wrap and refridgerate for at least an hour. Then take it out and its ready to unroll and always comes out great! I have never used a store bought, unless its for a pumpkin or something
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I make it by going to the store and buying a box. LOL.
    Anonymous

• LOL, I've done that too.
    MrsLLove

Comment by MrsLLove (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Mrs. Smith's frozen pie crusts! Or...graham cracker crust.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2011