What should I eat?

I've spent all of the last 2 days making jam (so far I'm at 74 cups and still have 2 batches to divvy up). The problem is, I've been so busy I haven't been eating much. Now I'm done, and now I'm starving...but I don't know what to eat! What would you eat (what's in your house, we have no fast food options here) if you were in my shoes?

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i just cooked what i call "the pantry dash" because i need to go food shopping. you take what little you have and try to make a dish. i had some potatoes butter onions ham cheese and breakfast i fried everything up and made a breakfast potato bowl (minus the eggs) it was good

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 10:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• canned tuna or salmon, fried egg sandwich, chips and salsa, peanutbutter/dill pickle on toast,

Answer by LeJane at 10:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I just went grocery shopping so I wouldn't have any problems lol. I'd probably have my Kashi meal (the one with the coconut lemongrass chicken), and some fresh fruit, probably strawberries or a plum. And a Dr Pepper :)

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I forgot one of my favorites, homemade pickled eggs or plain hard boiled with hot sauce.... :-)

Answer by LeJane at 10:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• A fried PB and J sandwich. Make it like like normal, butter the outsides (like you'd make a grilled cheese) and fry that sucker. The inside is all melty and amaaaazing!

Answer by southernbelletx at 10:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• When I would make mega batches of jam, I might sample it here and there... make sure it's not too tart, etc. So by the time I was done making the jam, my sweet tooth would be on overload, and I'd still be hungry! So I didn't want anything sweet. Probably not anything spicy or sour either. That leaves bland. So you might try pancakes or French toast, or grilled cheese sandwiches.

Another option is a fruit smoothy. Throw any left-over fruits in the blender and puree. This is a great meal when you don't know what you want. It uses up fruits that are slightly less than perfect, and you really get a powerhouse of vitamins, fiber and minerals. I always keep a few frozen bananas on hand for smoothies. Here's a holiday festive one:
    Puree frozen strawberries and a frozen banana until smooth (add a little water as necessary to get it through the blender). Pour into a tall glass. Top with whipped cream and blueberries!

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• DH got home from trucking, he hadn't eaten either, we scrounged and found some peirogies in the freezer!

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• anything your heart desires and whatever you have on hand

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2011