What should I eat?

I've spent all of the last 2 days making jam (so far I'm at 74 cups and still have 2 batches to divvy up). The problem is, I've been so busy I haven't been eating much. Now I'm done, and now I'm starving...but I don't know what to eat! What would you eat (what's in your house, we have no fast food options here) if you were in my shoes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i just cooked what i call "the pantry dash" because i need to go food shopping. you take what little you have and try to make a dish. i had some potatoes butter onions ham cheese and breakfast sausage...so i fried everything up and made a breakfast potato bowl (minus the eggs) it was good
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 10:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• canned tuna or salmon, fried egg sandwich, chips and salsa, peanutbutter/dill pickle on toast,
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I just went grocery shopping so I wouldn't have any problems lol. I'd probably have my Kashi meal (the one with the coconut lemongrass chicken), and some fresh fruit, probably strawberries or a plum. And a Dr Pepper :)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I forgot one of my favorites, homemade pickled eggs or plain hard boiled with hot sauce.... :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• A fried PB and J sandwich. Make it like like normal, butter the outsides (like you'd make a grilled cheese) and fry that sucker. The inside is all melty and amaaaazing!
    southernbelletx

Answer by southernbelletx at 10:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• When I would make mega batches of jam, I might sample it here and there... make sure it's not too tart, etc. So by the time I was done making the jam, my sweet tooth would be on overload, and I'd still be hungry! So I didn't want anything sweet. Probably not anything spicy or sour either. That leaves bland. So you might try pancakes or French toast, or grilled cheese sandwiches.

Another option is a fruit smoothy. Throw any left-over fruits in the blender and puree. This is a great meal when you don't know what you want. It uses up fruits that are slightly less than perfect, and you really get a powerhouse of vitamins, fiber and minerals. I always keep a few frozen bananas on hand for smoothies. Here's a holiday festive one:
    Puree frozen strawberries and a frozen banana until smooth (add a little water as necessary to get it through the blender). Pour into a tall glass. Top with whipped cream and blueberries!
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• DH got home from trucking, he hadn't eaten either, we scrounged and found some peirogies in the freezer!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• anything your heart desires and whatever you have on hand
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2011