What do you think?

My boyfriend of 5 years is probably going to have to take a traveling job in order to have income to keep our home. Our relationship is pretty strong in our eyes, but others say him being gone 13 weeks at a time will destroy our relationship. Now after what everyone is saying I am concerned that he may get lonely and find someone where he will be for the 13 weeks. I trust him but everyone says he or I will get lonely and need some sort of companionship. I know in my heart that isnt me. He says he would never do that. I believe him. But whats your take on it? Do you think guys can go without that companionship for 13 weeks? I know military men do that everyday BUT he isnt in the military he has options....Maybe if I am asking this, I dont really trust?? Oh boy...not sure what to think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• First of all, other people talk too damn much. You know yourself, and your man. And
    he knows you. Both of you know each other much better than other people do.
    What the hell is wrong with people to be so damn negative about this? To make you
    doubt when you didn't seem to be having any doubts before?
    My BF of 3 years has to travel. The longest he was ever away was seven weeks. To be
    honest, it sucked. But I told him it wouldn't have mattered if he had to stay away for seven
    months - I would still have been right here waiting for him.
    Don't let other people's stupidity mess with your head.
    While it's true that you will get lonely (13 weeks is a long damn time), that doesn't mean
    you're gonna look for someone to get you through until your hubby gets back!!! Nor does
    this mean he will either while he is away.
    Of course he may be tempted. So might you.
    But that's what trust is all about :D
    Best of luck to bo
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:32 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Just talk everyday and keep yourselves busy and yes it's possible this can work out if you make it work out. Just have faith and give it a shot...sometimes you just have to take chances. GL DO NOT let other people bring you down THEY DO NOT KNOW YOU & YOUR BF.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• hugs No one can predict... otherwise psychic hotlines would already know a credit card number before you call... hahaha

Seriously, it depends on the couple whether it'll last or not... I wish you the best of luck and hope all works out for the best!

MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• i was in a very similar situation and my man, the love of my life messed around many times. i never cheated on him, but most men are so fucking weak when it comes to pussy. i was heart broken. thing is i always asked him if he did anything and he said no, i became a PI and i pretty much caught him. most men can't turn down pussy, maybe its just nature. another thing is when they go for so long without female companionship plus they are in another city which gives them opportunity- that makes them even weaker. i am not saying every man cheats but i think majority of them will cheat. that doesn't mean they will leave you for the girl they fucked but they will most likely do it just to orgasm. i am not trying to be a negative nancy but just my 2 cents.
    Anonymous

• funny thing is my man cheated on me when he was out of town but he called me every day, multiple times a day. i did my best to keep him satisfied over the phone or via webcam. he still messed around multiple times. we talked on the phone so much every day i have no idea how he could mess around and then call me on the phone and sweet talk me. what nerve. i am devastated by the whole thing. i dont know when or how to trust another man, because he really pulled this off with surgical precision. i am sorry if i sound so negative.
    Anonymous

• I absolutely think that men can go where ever for when ever and be faithful.

Don't let other peoples past destroy your future..

Believe in him.

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Maybe if you got married you wouldn't feel so insecure. A Boyfriend might not be so "faithful" because you don't have a commitment. I sure wouldn't settle for a "boyfriend".I never lived with anyone before I got married either. You should expect MORE.
    Anonymous

• I can't tell you if he will cheat or not ...my thoughts are how can you have a close relationship with him being gone so long at a time?...relationships take alot of hard work but you have to be together to work on them...I've been married 45 yrs...I was 15 & he was 16...of course most people said we would never make it but with alot of hard work from both of us we did...I think 1 of the most important things if you want to keep a relationship is communication ..how are you going to communicate.*over the phone*?...me personally I'd rather have my guy home even if he didn't make as much money..
    gidgit5353

Answer by gidgit5353 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• pray about it
    benitaapplebomb

Answer by benitaapplebomb at 1:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• 13 weeks will be too long to be away from each other. See each other at least every two weeks. Or he will stray.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 4:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2011