Allergies?????????

My little girl is 8 1/2 mos old and just today she started scratching the inside of her throat the way adults do when they have an itch. I thought it was funny at first but then I began to stress out, the way first time mothers do (because I am one :)) wondering if she's either a) getting sick or b) having an allergic reaction to something. I barely introduced eggs to her yesterday morning and this morning so I'm not sure if she might be allergic to those. She's not wheezing and does not have a stuffy or runny nose. Is it possible that she just discovered something new?? Is this common? Not common?

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe she discovered a new noise that she can make and enjoy the sound. My daughter used to do that and when she made the noises it would make her laugh. It kept her busy for a while. lol. You could take her to the doctor to be on the safe side.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Probably just a fun new noise. But, if the eggs might be an issue, then stop them for three weeks, see if it stops.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• Allergies are a possibility. It's uncommon to have allergies at such a young age but I know it does happen. My baby showed a couple of skin allergies almost from birth, both of which are common in my family. Keep an eye out for similar reactions to eggs. It may just be a coincidence & she happened to discover the throat scratching at the same time as eggs were introduced.
    sarenaerin

Answer by sarenaerin at 12:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2011