Blood drawn

I had blood drawn early in my pregnancy and I got so sick. I was weak and got very depressed. THen they pulled my blood last week and the same thing happened. Does anyone know what can be done to prevent this the next time blood is pulled from me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hm, maybe drink a little bit of orange juice. Do you have a fear of needles or do they take a lot of blood?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Make sure you eat before going.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 1:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Try eating a little something, like peanut butter and jelly, right before they draw your blood.
    onekindlove02

Answer by onekindlove02 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• eat befor you go and mabe drink some water or OJ right after they take your blood. You shouldnt have to have any more taken unless you still need your blood suger levels checked around 28wks other wise you shouldnt need anymore blood work done till labor anyways lol they think they need your blood then to.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Do like everyone else says, eat and drink something before you go. If it's the sight of blood that makes you cringe, just look away while they're doing it. I have to do that when they're sticking me. The pain and the blood doesn't bother me, but the sight of the actual needle pricking me makes me want to gag.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• eat something and tell the flabotomist sp? that you get this way and theyll have you lay down its easier.

i ge this way also every single time and i always have. i fainted when i lost my first tooth and seeing the blood lol.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Tell her you want to lay down..It is probably because (with me) I was very weak because the baby gets all the nutrients from you..baby is like a little sponge soaking up your energy. It is completely normal though.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2008