How would you comfort a friend that is TTC, but it just isn't happening for her?

I have always been fertile as all heck, but I have a new friend who I just found out that her and her DH have been TTC for the last 9 months. She cried to me and another friend about it, and although I can imagine how it would be to not be getting pregnant when you want to, I don't really KNOW.
How can I comfort her?
I don't want to be one of those people who brush it off or say "I can imagine how that feels" or give false hope like "Don't worry about it, you'll get pregnant eventually"....

BeachyBabe

Asked by BeachyBabe at 11:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I am in HER boat and even alot of the woman around me who HAVE had issues still say very insensitive things.
    Your young itll happen, stress can cause you not to get pregnant, stop trying and itll happen. ECT ECT ECT

The best thing I have heard- That SUCKS. Its the honest truth. There arent really any words to make it any easier.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It just kills me that I can't say or do anything about it. Thanks for your answer pinkcicle709.
    BeachyBabe

Comment by BeachyBabe (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I would just be honest about how it makes you feel. I would want to say, "I'm sorry. I really wish you weren't having to deal with that. I can't imagine what you are going through."
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• It took us a year to get pregnant with our son. I thought it would never happen. Honestly, I don't know what you could say to her. I know I was extremely frustrated. It seemed everyone was pregnant around me all the time. I was waking up at the same time everyday to take my temperature, charting everything. The month I gave up is when I got pregnant, go figure. I stopped stressing and things happened. On a side note you can tell her it took me a year and then I couldn't stop. I ended up having 3 babies in 33 months. It happens when it is supposed to happen, which I know isn't comforting at all to hear.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:59 PM on Jun. 30, 2011