I need some advice from anyone who has went through it.

My five year old son have a swollen lymph nodes in this groin area and the doctors don't think it is an infection because it is not hurting him so they want to do a biopsy to rule out cancer. Has anyone else went through this and if so what happen and what is the out come? I am so scared that it is making me sick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Health

• My cousin had the same symptoms, but his lymph nodes in his armpits were swollen too. I'm not trying to scare you but his turned out to be Hodgkin's disease, which is a form of cancer. It is very rare for children this age to get it. But because he was so young the treatment worked better and now he is a perfectly healthy 12 year old boy, with absolutely no signs of the disease. I hope everything is okay with your boy. I'll be praying for you!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2008