Are some babies just clumbsy?

i had a boy already he is now 4 and now i have a girl who will be 1 soon. She has been walking for 3 months now and lately it seems like she has been super cumbsy. If there is an edge anywhere (door corner, coffee table corner, floor..) it seems like she gets clumbsy falls and gets a bump or bruise... So are some babies just clumbsy or is thi something i should be concerned about and talk to her pedi?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids are all like this...but they seem to get better with age.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 11:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I think some babies (or you could even say kids) are clumsy. My oldest ds and my dd are have very good large motor skills, my middle child, my other ds, not so much :) If there is a corner, he will hit it. He is now 3 1/2 and trips over his own feet constantly. He is also my more hyper child and always on the go. He just doesn't take the time to look where he is going most of the time so he runs into things, lol.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I have always been a clutz i remember as a child (5 or 6) my friends mom said that i wasnt allowed to ride bikes with her daughter anymore because i was accident prone
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 11:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I'd keep an eye on it for safety's sake but some kids are just clumsier than others. It's one of those things that kids tend to go through. It takes some others longer to outgrow than others.
    sarenaerin

Answer by sarenaerin at 11:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• MANY children, when they start a growth spurt, get REAL clumsy.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Its probably normal, but I'd mention it to the dr, just to be safe. Make sure something isn't off with her balance or anything, even an ear infection can cause instability if it's bad.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2011