• In the Spotlight:

I know I'm new, but I need some advice on costs.

My friend and I are attempting to get a business off the ground, I feel she's under-charging. I'd just like to get your advice on what you'd pay for each of these bows. I'll tell you which are on sale and which aren't.

FOR SALE:

BOWS THAT HAVE BEEN SOLD:

Clippies:

Fully stacked boutique bow (this belongs to me, it is the best bow that my daughter owns, which is why I went into business with her.  It was made to match my daughter's easter dress, she allowed me to pick the ribbon, AND sent me pictures before even charging for the bow to make sure I like it!  She offered to remake it if it didn't match perfectly when it arrived, even though that would have been my mistake--it matched.  And the extra ribbon she had?  SHE MADE ME FREE CLIPPIES WITH!):

Bow, stacked, with a custom center:

Stacked boutique bow with custom ribbon and hand made center:

If this has broken any kind of rules, I'm extremely sorry, but this is really important to my friend and I, as I'm helping her with her business.  I feel she's losing money, and after some feedback I'll reveal what she's selling them for. 

I WILL NOT ADVERTISE HER BOUTIQUE UNLESS ASKED, SO YOU ALL ARE AWARE THAT THIS IS NOT SPAM!!!!

tparties09

Asked by tparties09 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• id say $2.50 a pop for the skinny ones and $3-$5 for the bigger ones, but i dont know much about that industry..im thinking how much i would pay..if i low balled you im sorry
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 12:01 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• as cute as they are i so wished i had a daughter to get thez.but me i would charge atleast 10 to 15 bucks depending on the size good luck. and let me know where i can find thez online.
    mom2curlyboy

Answer by mom2curlyboy at 12:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Big ones - $10
    small clippies - $2
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Right now? She's charging between 5.50-7.50 for the big ones and I think like .50 per clippie. She's losing so much money!
    tparties09

Comment by tparties09 (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Also, anyone who asks, I'll leave her FB profile on your page as a comment, so as not to spam this thread.
    tparties09

Comment by tparties09 (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Anyone else???
    tparties09

Comment by tparties09 (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I'd check out the competition on esty or something objective to see what the going rates are. Your friend knows how much her own time is worth, but even if she makes ten clippies in an hour, that's only $5 hr. minus supplies involved, advertising, taxes.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 9:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2011