Divorce

Hey ladies. Its me again. How do you cope with a divorce. I know im doing the right thing. My husband was a crazy man who got violent and was cheating. He kicked me out at 3 in the morning. Now hes telling me that i dont deserve my son and the baby i miscarried in April I lost b/c it didnt love me and that i wasnt good enough for it. How do I cope with all of this. I try to put on a happy face for my 2 yr old son and I am trying to make it not on bad terms with his daddy. Im tired of the fighting and the cussing. Why cant men just man up to what they did and not say things that hurt. This is breaking me up. What do I do??

Meghan6391

Asked by Meghan6391 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• my shrink tells me to remember that sick people say sick things. You have to realize that mentally ill people are ill and say stuff that is sick and untrue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Are you still in your home with him or is this communication going on being apart?
    I would document all the nasty things he says, and tell him you are documenting all of it. Do not get nasty back with him and do not believe a word he is saying! If he can't talk civily about custody/visitation or divorce preceedings, then you may have to sit in your lawyers office or something to mediate.
    Do not talk to him or respond to him unless he's being civil and it's about the above.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Get yourself out of there and stop listening to him. he is just trying to hurt you
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I am no longer in that home. when he kicked me out i took my son and we went to a friends house about and hour from him... i was scared if i went to my moms he was too close and i was scared of him hurting me. I have to talk to him b/c of our son he keeps saying he is going to fight custody with me.. I am moving back to my mothers tomorrow i have a job interview in town and she is making her comunity change their gate code so he cant get in. Im scared.
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• prey about it and don't talk to him at all he doing this cause he knows it get to u so he have the upper hand. hell he might enjoy doing this to u fuck him and the rude shit he have to say and look a losing yo baby this way maybe GOD didn't want u to have another by him.................do what u have to do to take care of your child and stay safe and he better be glad U not my friend and I lived where u live cause the first time u told me hit u I would be at the door........besides he gone gets whats comin to him when u do wrong it comes back
    benitaapplebomb

Answer by benitaapplebomb at 1:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• if he is going to fight you for custody its going to go to court so avoid talking to him and if things get to that point tell him to talk to your lawyer. You don't need his crap I agree with the previous post saying that he is purposely trying to fuck with you to get the upper hand, he knows your weak points and needs to be avoided
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 3:02 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• He wants you to think you are no good and no one else will want you. Don't believe it!!! Miscarriages happen and it was not your fault. God made that decision. Don't let him tell you any different. Divorces are hard. Tell him that if he doesn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. You have a child and you want it to be as amicable as can be. If he mouths off, tell him you would like for him to leave. Don't argue with him. Just put distance between you and don't look back. I did a divorce and it was very hard. He said horrible things to me but I just decided he was pitiful and had problems and I wasn't going to let him harm my self esteem.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 4:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Be careful about letting him take your son alone until custody is established; because he can take him and refuse to give him back. If neither one of you have court established custody; the cops will not help you if he does take him. I know because my husband took off with my kids in March of last year. I have been fighting to get them back since.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 4:35 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You neeto be careful with the gate code, becuase he can always wait and follow someone in such as the pizza guy or a neighbor or whoever, Id really consider seeing about a security system on the house. Stay safe momma!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 9:22 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My mothers house is in a small gated community of ritchy snooty ppl that dont leave their homes after 7pm. they are weird ppl about ordering anything. i dont like the ppl but the area is beautiful.. a little lake side community i the mountains. My parents are both ex marines and my father was a police officer. i pray he dosent try to get in and out of there once the numbers are changed... he will be looking at trouble if he does. sounthern hospitality goes so far with a family from the north. i am 20 years old and everything is going like this. last night he called me to tell my son goodnight. once he was out he called and called finally i answered to him cussing me like a dog and destroying items that mean the world to me... My gma rings. my friends shirt (both of these ppl died 2 yrs ago) and a statue my son got the day he was born... he was drunk and took it out on me. if i hung up hed call back over and over agian.
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2011