Car seat, booster seat, convertible seat...whats next

I had a car seat for my son, he grew out of it..so we got a convertible seat for my hubbys car, but we still need to get something for my car. My 1 yr old is about 35" tall, should / can i get a booster seat that has a LATCH system or am i supposed to still be getting more of a convertible seat, maybe 3 in 1. (but i no longer need a baby seat)I am so confused, any words of advice would be greatly appreciated. Again he is about 35" tall and 25 lbs...

Chele1313

Asked by Chele1313 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my daughter use still an infant I bought a convertible car seat the works from 5lbs all the way to 100lbs. It has been a lifesaver not to mention it was reasonably priced. I would recommend something like that. Your son is around the same size as my daughter and she still has plenty of room to grow with her car seat.
    efsuermann

Answer by efsuermann at 1:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• hes to little for a booster seat. he shouldnt be in booster till atleast 3. so yes you could be a 3 in 1 seat but you still need alteast a convertable seat for atleast another 2years.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I have a cosco convertible 3 in 1 car seat. It's rear facing up to 35 lbs. It's forward facing starting at 22 lbs and 36 inches tall (then booster, but I don't know the requirements since mine is still rear facing) If you are comfortable with your child facing forward (at lot will go rear facing until 35 lbs which is safer) you can get a convertible forward facing to booster seat. I like the different types of convertible seats because you get more use out of it for your money. It doesn't make sense though, to buy a convertible rear facing to forward facing seat since he doesn't need to be in a rear facing seat.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2008