Does anyone else feel this way?

Being a stay at home mom is great, but sometimes feels overwhelming, I just feel i need to work. MY husband thinks i have the easy part of the day whenhe does. He gets to talk to adults and have actual conversation while im trying to decode and winy 2 year old and a very grumpy 3 year old! am i the only one wanting to work?

mrswII0908

Asked by mrswII0908 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• I understand. I was a stay at home mom for three years! while I loved the fact that I was there to see my babies grow up; I needed a break! I decided to go back to work part time and it was exactly what I needed. I still have time to be with my family; but at the same time I get that much needed break and adult mingling that I so desperately needed. nothing wrong with feeling that way!
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 1:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My son is only 6 1/2 months old and I feel that way sometimes... After hearing it a few times, my husband started giving me one day a week where he takes our son and I can relax and read and he actually makes me take a bubble bath... Made me feel a lot better. That and I can't imagine being away from him for hours where I don't have a choice to see him. Just get sick of not having adult interaction. So I get that too. :-)
    MBC128

Answer by MBC128 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I am dying to go back to work. I am a SAHM not by choice.. i was laid off last year and and have been looking for a job ever since. The job market is redonkulous (shreck 4). I have never experienced such a drought for jobs in my whole life and i have been working since i was 15.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 4:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• No that is completely natural. I am pregnant and wish I stayed working. It's not that i'm not going to love my baby, I just know how it is from past peoples experience.
    pregers2011

Answer by pregers2011 at 6:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I work and want to work. There is nothing wrong with feeling that way. If my husband was against it, I would tell him to get over his cromagnum mindset. He did not club me over the head and drag me back to his cave to make babies and I for one will not live that way!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I am the same way...I miss a paycheck,I will be honest! But I love being home with my children especially because I don't trust many or any one to watch them. Surround yourself with other moms and do playdates.
    Jeswife44

Answer by Jeswife44 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I understand completely. I feel that way too a lot. I just can't afford to pay daycare from the lousy paying jobs around here. And to be honest, I'm not crazy about putting my kids in daycare if I can avoid it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I have a 6,7 yr old I work out of my home and I keep a part time job for the interaction
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I've felt that way before too, but honestly, you're not going to find any job that you could possibly do that's going to fulfill you a 100% of the time. SAHM included. I've talked with my husband about his work enough times to know that the grass isn't greener on the other side, and personally I'm thankful that I don't have to deal with the backstabbing work politics that he deals with on a daily basis. Hope you find fulfillment in whatever you choose to do..but just know that everyone has good and bad days:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Thanks everyone! I just feel like im not contributing enough to the family. Daycare is out of the question because have you seen the prices for two kids! not a chance, I wouldnt trust them with my kids anyway, husbands doesnt work the same shift all the time, one car and there are just to many obstacles in my way of getting a job. Im hoping when both of the kids go to school full time, i might look into a part time job, but will see how things go. I appreciate you all being in the same boat, it kind of makes me feel alone sometimes!
    mrswII0908

Comment by mrswII0908 (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2011