2 weeks postpatum question adult content

I am 2 weeks postpartum, and feel amazing. I am not really bleeding anymore, just looks like a very tiny bit of dark discharge, and my stitches don't hurt at all so I am pretty sure they are healed, so can I go swimming in the lake?

Micki-Cook

Asked by Micki-Cook at 1:58 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't recommend it. That the stitches won't hurt doesn't mean that they are healed. You can grab something and get it infected. You should make an appointment to your GY/OB to see if that's ok. :0)
    Edilma

Answer by Edilma at 2:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• no, yoou are still sustainable to germs down there and you do not want to get any infections.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 5:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Ask your doctor. I would agree with ABPeterson, where you are still susceptible to infection, and a lake isn't the best place for you, where a pool is chlorinated and cleaner, I THINK. I'm not sure though, which is why I would recommend asking your doctor.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• And, the bleeding may have slowed/stopped, but it CAN pick back up, up to about 6 weeks.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• If it were a pool, and the water guaranteed clean, I'd say np, go swimming if you feel up to it. But a lake? Not in a million years would I have gone swimming in a lake before my stitches were healed completely- I live in a rural area, you don't want to know everything that goes into a lake :P And like Krysta622 pointed out, pp bleeding can pick up again, so just because you aren't bleeding as much now is no guarantee you're done.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2011