Why when I eat at night I wake up more hungry the next day?

Ive seen alot online that they say if u eat late chances are you'll skip breakfast because supposedly you wont wake up hungry but with me its the opposite! Infact I wake up hungrier if I eat late than if I dont eat at all! Now theyre even saying that eating late wont make you gain wake, that it was just a myth, I saw it on msn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• If you are going to eat late I have read its best to have protien and avoid carbs, the protien will help you feel full longer and to have mostly protien at breakfast so you are less likely to snack throughout the day
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 3:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I'm always hungrier when I eat at night...I prefer to go to sleep on a slightly empty stomach (not hungry just not full either) I sleep better and I'm not starving when I wake up. and if you are staying within the amt of calories required for losing weight, then you should lose weight regardless of when you eat.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 7:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• your metabolism.. the more you eat the more your metabolism stays steady so when you go without eating your tired but if you are to hungry and eat then you cant stop eating because your metabolism is high and your body is trying to keep up.. make sure you eat breakfast or eat 5 small meals a day.. if you eat enough to keep your metabolism up you will lose weight fast try myfitnesspal.com to track your intake..you can eat all you want just watch your calories,
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• it doesn't happen everytime but yeah it happens to me too
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Oh good. Now I can continue to eat late and not worry!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• If you are going to eat late I have read its best to have protein and avoid carbs, the protein will help you feel full longer and to have mostly protein at breakfast so you are less likely to snack throughout the day
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2011