Im not sure if I should erase my facebook and make a new one because I got alot of conceited family members on there, what would u do?

Should I just erase them or should I just delete my fb profile and start over without them? Because it gets really annoying that all they love to do is brag about how beautiful they look and brag that they got college degrees, plus they dont even talk to me on facebook, so I was thinking of either blocking them or erasing them so I wont have to see them or read theyre stupid comments anymore. I have a good humble family on my moms side, but my dads side of the family is where all the conceited ones are! I just dont want my grandma asking me why I erased them:/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• You could block them but if they ever sent you and email or if you commented on something they will see you blocked them. Just get a whole new account and make sure you arent searchable to anyone or before you start adding people to the new account go and block the people you dont want contact with first then add the ones you want to talk to.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 2:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I can see how you feel..but, I have a suggestion...why don't YOU reach out ..and start doing a little bragging about YOU!!!? That way..they can see who you are..and learn a LOT more about you!! IF all else fails..you can A. Keep on the positive side..and think good thoughts about them...and ignore them on your friendship list..because you do NOT have to always post TO them.....but, Try to meet new and exciting people on the net...Join some fun groups..and get to know folks and friend them!! Why not? That's what I do!! I also have an advice group which I just started on FB..so, if you need some advice...and you would like to join..the group will be there for you!! MY group is called "Round the Campfire!!" You may have to go to my profile, to get the actual page..if you want to join and cannot find it! I think that you just gotta be who YOU are..and don't worry about your relatives..okay?
    ladyk99

Answer by ladyk99 at 2:12 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Just cause they're family doesn't mean they have to be your friend. I would remove them and if anyone ask, be honest. You don't talk to them and you want to keep your feed clear of drama. I did exactly what I'm advising and no one has complained about it yet, and it's been a few months since I did that, too!
    Tommyskitty

Answer by Tommyskitty at 2:40 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• That's a hard one. I have been on the other end of having a relative dump me, start a new FB and refuse my invite. And, this is someone I am close to . . . see every year at the holidays. She doesn't know that I have figured it out, and i don't mention it, but I am hurt and will forever see her in a more negative light.

So . . . just be careful. If you really do want to alienate them, go ahead and make the changes, but know what you are getting into.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Block them. They don't know they've been blocked unless they try to contact you, and if they are so awful as you say, they don't come calling often! Why go out of YOUR way to appease them?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I've wanted to block my family too for very similar reasons. I deleted my FB account for several months before going back to it because I needed a f'n break. Sometimes you can just block them from your news feed so you don't have to see their persistent bragging. But if that's not enough then do what makes you happy. In the end it's just FB and if they need to they can pick up a phone and call. You could always tell them you just  wanted to keep some things separate, like social networking & actual family ties. lol ; ) GL

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 3:19 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I have blocked my FIL and his GF from ever seeing ANYTHING I do on fb. yet we are still friends. all they can see is my ifo page, and thats it. they see less tan people who arent my friends. lol. ITs all in the privacy settings. It may take a while, but you can make it to where you dont see there posts and tey cant see anything you write or say, yet can still remain friends. They just dont see anything, best move I ever made. Really pissed my FIL off but thats what he gets for being a jackwagon.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 9:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• PS. Its in customized settings.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 9:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Delete them and block them.
    -Tiffany-

Answer by -Tiffany- at 1:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2011