LETS GET THIS TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS WE CAN!!!!

As we are having our BBQ'S and watching fireworks with love ones...Lets remember the hero's who are fighting for us or have been killed for us!!! With out these hero's we would be just like the rest of the world. Where women cant show skin..little girls cant go to school because it is they think it is just for boys. The women who cant leave the house because their place is in the kitchen!!!

I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN...I AM PROUD TO STAND UP IN WHAT I BELIEVE IN... AND I BELIEVE IN OUR MILITARY!!!!!

****also please don't not take any credit for my pic. Thanks****

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 2:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• And how, adnilm, do you think we won that freedom from another country? The men joined up and fought as an army to win it. It is a celebration of independence won at the tip of a sword. You are splitting some very fine hairs saying it isn't a military celebration. Without the military, there would be nothing to celebrate. By extension, the military that has come after has continued to keep that won independence in place.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

>>>>
    Holy cow, you guys really need to brush up on your history. The people were the revolution, not the army. The people who started the revolution and fought in the revolution were not soldiers, but farmers and craftsmen. The U.S. was not a country and had no formal military at that time. Sheesh
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:21 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Me and my soldier/vet husband will be celebrating with our 5 children and my extended family.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• The 4th of July is celebrating America's independence. Memorial Day is celebrating our veterans and soldiers. So if people are against the soldiers (it is possible to be against the war but still support our troops, even some of our troops don't agree with the conflicts we've been involved in) they would likely choose not to celebrate Memorial Day not the 4th.

Before you assume that I do not support our troops, I do 100%.

But every time someone uses the line "Freedom isn't free" it reminds me of the song from Team America: World Police.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 8:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• IMO, you don't support the troops if you don't support their missions...they are one in the same. You don't have to like them, but you should support them.

I agree with jesse..without the military there would have been no independence to begin with.

LET FREEDOM RING!!! Many thanks to all that serve and a special thank you to my wonderful husband.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I am sure adnilm supports the troops too but she is right that July 4th celebrates our Independence from England.
    There are already many celebratory occasions that salute the Military and we all DO support and salute the Military. Just resist the impulse to attack and resist the urge to pat yourselves on the back.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• the rest of the world. Where women cant show skin..little girls cant go to school because it is they think it is just for boys. The women who cant leave the house because their place is in the kitchen!!!

seriously ? you believe that?

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• amen :)
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 2:23 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I totally agree with you! Yes the fourth of July needs to be remembered for what it is; a celebration of our freedom! My blessing to all the cafe mom member who have family over in Iraq fighting for our freedom! I am prod of our soldiers! Lets not forget why they are over their risking tier lives for us! my brother is over there and I am so proud of him!
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 3:37 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• An add on. The Fourth of July is a remembrance of the signing of The Declaration of Independence. The 2nd Continental Congress voted to draft a declaration on July 2, 2 days before the day we celebrate.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2011