I'm pregnant- what I've always wanted. But it's the wrong timing.

i will b 18 by the end of this year. I still have senior year. I'm devasted. I wanted to be married bEfore I had children which I want many of! When should i Get married? Any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Wrong timing..but you the made the choices so now it is what it is.

Tips - DON'T quit school!!

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Should you get married because you're pregnant? No, You're 18 years old and still a child yourself. If you wanted to be married before you had children you should have waited until you're married to have sex. Sex=Babies, that's how things work. You should get married when you find a man that you are completely in love with, which at 18 is hard to even know what true love is.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:39 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I cant say as to when you should be married..but i will say dont just jump into a marriage because you want to or just because you have a baby..give it a lot of thought. IMO pple are taking marriage way too lightly and end up in divorce soon after. I would say make sure its some one you truly love. Me and DH have been married 6 years i am 25. Hes is my best friend we can spend every waking moment together and no get sick of each other. if we are apart even just a few hours we miss each other. We know each other's strengths and flaws and we accept one another for them we dont try to change each other. When we argue (which we do but not often) we never stay mad for more then a few hours and then we talk about why we fought. We each give the other one constructive criticism and own up to our mistakes..neither 1 person is ever totally to blame. we are always honest and dont have any secrets between us. He is my best friend! Cont.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 2:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• And I thank God for him every day.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 2:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It's a little out of order, but a baby is always a gift :)
    No, don't get married. Being pregnant isn't a good excuse. There is never a good excuse to get married - married shouldn't NEED an excuse. Marry out of love - and when you're certain that he loves you just as much.
    Definitely stay in school. It may be a tough year, but you'll be very proud of yourself once you get your diploma!
    Good luck and congratulations on the little one.
    Tommyskitty

Answer by Tommyskitty at 2:47 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• don't quit school,
    take care of your baby,
    no need for marriage I got pregnant at 15 unmarried and got married only 6 years after,
    and please try to prove everyone wrong about teen moms for gods sake?
    marinebrats

Answer by marinebrats at 2:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• forgot to add congrats
    marinebrats

• Are you still with the boy that is the father? He should be playing a role in this as well. You have options to you such as adoption as there are several women out there that cannot have a child and would take wonderful care of your child. They would be very happy and be able to provide for the child things that you, at a young age and a student, cannot provide. You would be able to then go onto college and have other children when you become older and ready to do so in a marriage.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 3:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• You know, sometimes it is the unplanned, unexpected turns that Life takes, that make it worthwhile and interesting. Don't ever expect Life to obey your plans. It does not work that way. Ride the waves when they greet you. Dance in the rain. If you're familiar with the story about the boiled eggs, the carrots and the coffee, be the coffee. (they all face the adversity of boiling water and the carrot gets soft, the egg gets hard, but the coffee changes the water into something wonderful). Good luck with your journey; have strength, be happy. *hugs*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I have been a teen mum twice over..
    There is no reason to rush to get married as this isnt the answer..
    I agree highly finish school.!
    and just take care of your baby best you can..
    DOnt stress yu will be fine... GL :)
    Nicole_Anne

Answer by Nicole_Anne at 3:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2011