OMG Seriously?!?! (Vent)

So guess what happened today, I get home from my evening class around 11 and get informed by my DF that someone called CPS on us because we are abusing(supposedly) our 7 month old because he cries all day long (supposedly). I can not believe this, I mean he is teething, he has three teeth coming in. I just do not know what to do right now, I mean I did not think I was doing anything wrong. I am doing everything that the parenting books have told me to do and I am going to college to get a better job to support my kids better. What are we doing that is so wrong that someone had to call CPS on us?

Sorry not really a question. And do not really know where to put this.

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 2:41 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Some people are just asses, they hear some crying and think its the worst thing in the world cause they either don't have children or they are old and believe i that children should be seen and not heard crap and dont remember what it was like having little kids. They will likely call you and talk to you that way before coming to the house and when you talk to them I'm sure whoever it is will understand when you explain the crying is from teething and its not constant and someone is just over reacting
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 2:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• they tied the poor girl to a chair and beat her to death because she took a yogurt with out asking. They even had a CPS (Dyfs up here) case that was open and on going and he school recently reported to her case worker that she was under weight and looked like she was being starved. and the state did nothing until it was too late. I cried for her for about a week. It could have been prevented especially since she had an ongoing case. But then CPS is quick to harass a loving mother because some douche bag who doesnt even have kids thinks that they know everything and files a complaint because the baby is teething. Or like my friend she owed the person that complained about her some money and he didnt get it in time so he called DYFS and said that she was abusing her children and using drugs..we know who it is because he was the only one who knew her former last name. Its sickening
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 3:04 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• My mom had CPS called on her for my little sister once... She was going to school (kindergarten) and telling the teacher she didn't get breakfast. Than the teacher would give her some candy off her desk. Well, of course my sister kept saying it! She was getting candy for saying it!!! Well, that stupid teacher called CPS. They stopped by the house a couple times, filed some reports, and basically caused a nuisance. My parents had to write a weekly meal plan for the case worker until the file closed. Dumb really, bit what about those kids that don't get breakfast?! I see it this way.... If that drama in our lives is what it takes, if a thousand families have to deal with it just so they can find that one child that is being starved than OK. It sucks for me and the other 998 people that have done nothing wrong, but it's worth it to save a child.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:34 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Sorry, mama :( Don't worry .. . CPS will not do anything unless there is something serious going on. They might have to keep the file open for a bit, but that is judt policy. You'll be fine.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:45 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• They came to my house today while I was at school, I have to call the case worker tomorrow. :(
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 2:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• That happened to a friend of mind. As soon as they see that nothing is wrong and it was a bogus claim it will be closed. it usually take 3 days to a week. Its such a shame how pple can act. they use something that is supposed to protect children as warfare, but then the children who actually need their help end up on the news..dead. Has anyone heard of the Nixmary Brown case that was all over the news in the NY/NJ region in '05 i think.
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Answer by MonkeyMommyNJ at 2:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• they will want to see where the baby sleeps, is there food in the fridge, do you have enough clothing and is the child being properly cared for. As long as the place is clean and the child is healthy, you will be fine. If not, I would suggest getting an attorney if they are not going to close their file.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 3:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I have had friends that have dealt with them. As long as they come to the house and see everything is ok they will close the case.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:25 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• honestly if your not doing anything wrong and the child is well cared for and just teething about the most they are going to do is ask you to take the baby to the doctor and once the doctor comfirms the teething they will close the case in about aweek and everything will go back to normal.....i've been there .....the neighbor didnt like up because the kids played load so she called cps on us (twice) they came saw nothing was wrong closed both cases within a week and we all moved an with our life.....that was 4yrs ago havent heard anything from them sence...
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• If there's not a problem, you have nothing to worry about.
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2011