Does any one out there partake in clean eating?

I am trying to find someone that is eating clean, and possibly help me to stick to it by helping me be more accountable.

Kimmer331

Asked by Kimmer331 at 2:46 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• no, I checked out that website and don't think I could do it.... too hard!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• It's really not that hard, its more about planning than anything else. I just find that sometimes it is harder for me-hoping to find someone to keep me going....give me different ideas about what to prepare, etc.
    Kimmer331

Comment by Kimmer331 (original poster) at 2:56 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I eat clean. Do you subscribe to Clean Eating magazine, or Oxygen yet? Have you gotten any books from Tosca Reno? If you know how to cook, it's not too hard once you're familiar with eating clean to clean up your recipes. I've been eating clean for almost 2 years, so I'm pretty used to it by now! I'm not perfect, I do have treats every now and then. But I do plan our meals, including snacks. I know Mom2Jack04 eats clean too, and I believe mcginnisc does too. Have you joined the Eating Clean Group on here yet?  It's not overly active, but there are some good posts with good ideas that might help you get started.  It's really not too hard, and once you have been good about it for a week or two, you don't really crave sugar.  If you're working out, it makes it that much easier to stick to it.  Good luck!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:00 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I've never heard of this... going to look it up
    Mommyx2BG

Answer by Mommyx2BG at 6:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• yeah i was just thinking that same thing i didn't know what this is and am going to look it up
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:37 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• OK so this sounds basically like a vegetarian diet. Am I right?
    Mommyx2BG

Answer by Mommyx2BG at 6:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Not quite a vegetarian diet. I still eat a lot of chicken and fish, and even lean beef. It is more about no preservatives and real food rather that processed. The way I look at it, if can't even think of how to pronounce a word-should it really be in my body.
    Kimmer331

Comment by Kimmer331 (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I am on a diabetic diet under my doctors care you should really talk to your doctor and get some tips and ideas from him. What I do is I write down everything I eat--carbs, fats, calories ect and it cannot total more then what they have set for me in a day. Alot of days I do not even eat that amount but that is the goal my doctor has set for me.

I have lost over 40 pounds, but I also walk every day, swim at least twice a week and have cut out all sweets and junk food and soda. Soda is a big factor in people gaining weight because if you don't have soda you feel like you want to eat all the time. I try to keep healthier snacks and drink lots of water during the day also.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

• I hardly ever touch soda...actually don't even buy it for the house. I'd rather we jut drink water in the house, and milk, and juice, and such. I am usually pretty good about the way i eat during the day...the problem I run into is I want my sweet stuff at night, and I find myself mindlessly grabbing something. It takes away from the good work i do all day. And I never use to be a sweet eater. I try to limit what I bring in the house, but I have a 5 year old who gets the occasional snack in the house. I suppose it really is mind over matter. It's amazing that I have lost 100 pounds over the last few years, and kept it off, and now find myself running into this problem. Very frustrating. I am hoping to find someone on here that may help me become more accountable....any takers?
    Kimmer331

Comment by Kimmer331 (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2011