IS God bad, if our circumstances don't work out?

I know He's not. I want to shine a light on all bad Christian experiences people have had.I want them to know that when there's people involved there will always be problems.In the early Bible times, even the CHURCH was corrupt, Christians weren't getting along with CHRISTIANS, there was divisions in the church..WHY? Because THERE WAS PEOPLE! wE ALL HAVE OUR OWN SAYING IN EVERYTHING.So if you've had a bad Christian experience, I'm sorry, I've had one too. The good news is we have the Bible and many great Bible teaching books out there and we should focus our attention on getting to know GOD better and worry less about what Christians or others do to us.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 10:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• The relationship with Christ is what matters... Reading his word and getting to know him is what matters.. Not what other think... i agree i have my bad experience...but you learn to lean on Jesus..Cuz he can do you no wrong...
    jenandrews

Answer by jenandrews at 10:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I mentioned before a bad experience I had working in a church. It's far too detailed to go into on here. Long story short, I resigned after much frustration (plus about to give birth to our 4th) and discovered a few months later that there was a woman plotting behind my back, talking people out of helping me (I was the chidren's director - so talking them out of doing nursery or children's church, etc). There's a LOT more to it but yeah it was painful.

Colossians 3:12-14 - "as *I* have been forgiven" - That said the most to me. I know I have hurt the Lord far more than I have ever been hurt. He knows my pain though and feels it with me. Holding a grudge against them would have only hurt me more. There is another scripture that talks about how God will not forgive us if we do not forgive others. If he has forgiven me, why shouldn't I forgive them?
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 10:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• the good lord is great. sometimes it helps me if i tell myself to let go instead of saying forgive. however you want to put it always remember god knows the truth and what goes around does come around. never forget that there is a heaven. it took me a long time to really appreciate and understand that. being a wife and mother i see him protecting and forgiving me more and more everyday. your a good person god bless you.
    crazytrio

Answer by crazytrio at 12:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• there are good and bad people everywhere, and i find it annoying when people try to single out a group as only good or only bad. like my mom says oh they are good people, its so sad, and i say did u know them? and shes like no, so then how do u know that they are good? and she says cause they are christian. god gave us free will, so how can she say that just cause they believe the same as her that they are good? like i said, good and bad come in all shapes and sizes...
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• The reason why there's so much division in the churches is because of people but also the devil wants to trip up Christians and non Christians,to keep them away from the church, to keep them away from other Christians.Everyday thousands are led away into other religions because they've had a bad Christian experience at church.We think church people SHOULD act better than ordinary people but that doesn't always happen.If we put our attention on people, they will always let us down.So if you've been to church and had a bad experience, you have to ask yourself,why are going there in the first place?To be liked by people Or to worship GOD?
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• God allows bad experiences to happen to bring us closer to him. Although the experiences are alot of times difficult for us to endure, we must understand that God is working something out of us through those experiences to draw us closer & rely on him more. For through pain & heartache is when we are more likely to come to him:)
    binarystarr

Answer by binarystarr at 2:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• There is a great book I would like to recommend, "When Godly People Do Ungodly Things" by Beth Moore.
    Dianejaan

Answer by Dianejaan at 10:44 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• This tells me Satan is trying to hurt every one who proclaims to love OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST 

yovonna

Answer by yovonna at 6:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2008