Todays Music's Got NO Talent!!

I am only 25 but IMO i cant stand todays music..i mean there are some songs that i like and that are catchy, but i prefer more like classic rock, classical, easy listening, mostly music that dated back 30 years or more. Artist used to write their own songs and the songs actually had meaning or told stories..Today its more like a hook and a beat..a lot of artists have "ghost writers" to write their music, produce the beat on the computer. The song that drives me crazy the most is the one that goes "my wife aint in the club gimmie $20" thats pretty much the whole song repeated over and over. No thank you..gimmie some hendrix, Patsy Cline, Bach, Chopin, The Temptations, ect.

MonkeyMommyNJ

Asked by MonkeyMommyNJ at 3:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2011 in Entertainment

• I agree. Most modern-day songs are just irritating noise.
    swan11

Answer by swan11 at 5:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I disagree..there are a lot of bands and singers that have plenty of talent - but there is also a lot of crap, too. It evens out. You wanna talk no talent? Two words: AMERICAN IDOL. Well, aside from the fabulous Adam Lambert..he is amazing.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 4:44 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I agree with you to a point. I think some music is very meaningless and has an overuse of Autotune. BUT, there is a lot of music out there in every genre withe people who actually have talent and do write some/all of their own music. But it comes down to what you like to listen to, whose voice you like and so on. Like vereyone raves about Adele. She writes her own music. She's a big seller. But I can't stand her music for the most part. I have the opinion if I like it, I like it and I don't need to apologize for what I listen to. No one else should have to either. It's great to have variety!

I should also say that my taste in music is truley eclectic. I have everything from Enya to Cradle of Filth on my iPod. I love oldies as well as New music. But most of what I listen to falls into 3 artists/bands and solo work from said bands: Backstreet boys, Adam Lambert, and Fall Out Boy.
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 3:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I like a lot of pop music, but I don't think too much about it. I just think it is catchy.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• I just want to say that i enjoy hosting my debates to express my views and to allow others to express their views. I feel that we can all learn from one another by seeing other people thoughts, traditions and philosophies. I do not debate with malicious intent and find it disheartening to see posts that are intently and deliberately meant to be mean or belittling. So please share your views, opinions, thought, philosophy and traditions but lets keep it civil. Thank you..I am posting this to all my questions due to some unsavory responses
    MonkeyMommyNJ

Comment by MonkeyMommyNJ (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Jul. 1, 2011

• country music SUCKS now a days, rock music SUCKS now a days, rap music SUCKS now a days....that's why I make my own mix cd's and got a wire for my ipod for the car with my old school preloaded music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cortney101786

Answer by Cortney101786 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2011